Tramlines

Great progres and disscussion about tramlines at telegram!

Is it possible that tramlines trigger a relay just like sections?
It would need two relays, one for each tyre so it would be possible to do also asymmetrical tramlines.

Also a auto/manual/off control just like in section control would be usefull with this tramline contor system.

That is part two :slight_smile:

Is it possible to trigger a relay from the tramlines feature now? Think this would be a really cool feature as I could wire the tramlining system on my drill straight to AOG.

With V5 can we now trigger a relay to use with tramlines on seed drill? How would I implement this, geussing with machine module, but what Arduino pin?

Is the AOG tramline feature able to operate relays to switch on and off seed coulter shut off’s? @BrianTee_Admin

yes it is on Machine_USB_v5_0.ino

uncomment at the end

digitalWrite (12, bitRead(tramline,0)); //left and right tram
digitalWrite (13, bitRead(tramline,2)); //D12, 

and you can use D12 D13 for that

1 Like

I can get it to activate the relays with pins D12 and D13 or pins or D5 and D6

It says at the top of the sketch that
*Tram right side D5
*Tram left side D6
*Section 0 to 5 - - D7 to D12

hello

it is mistake of comment

so two solution you modify the code to reassign the pin
or
you use D12 D13 by uncomment

i just tested on bench it works; So good

Have you looked at the latest version? You can program which arduino pins activate which function. Use machine ino v5.5

I really need to make a few videos of the new stuff

Not yet tested for me but i see!

Hello. Info on the pins used would definitely be helpful. How to mount them.with 5.0 I found where to put nano 10 11 and 12 pins in the ino file and 5.5 doesn’t get it. Thank you

I need to make a video on the new pin assignments. Will do that tomorrow

Ok,

So Im using a 4.1 micro with version 5.7.2.

How do I trigger relays for tramlines?

So tramlines worked really great for us yesterday on many fields

However I have some use-case where the tramlines are problematic:

When you use the 6m seeder with 18m tramline all is good. Switch off the trams at the place of your tractor wheels and good.
6m seeder with 12m sprayer… AOG calculates that we’d have to switch the trams closer to the edge of the drill… (but obviously our motors stay where they are)

Would it be feasible to physically tell where the tram cubes should be placed?
i.e.: have an offset from center at the settings?

Reason:
Our seeder (accord system) has 4 sections of 1.5m and the tramlines are closing 2-2 rows from 2 of these sections. So I can’t say we have 8 sections when we only have 4.

Being able to tell where the row shut offs are would be a good solution.

Tramlines drawn at 18m meter, then modify settings to be 12m:

But this way we can draw trams at 1200 then modify the setings to be 1800 and reality meets:

Yes you have to go through the same area twice on the boundary… But after that it should work well.

In practice:

as we are on the subject of tramlines.
tried yesterday to set them up so i can see them on my field,

drove/mapped round the hedge,
set the boundary to 7 runs/21meter.
set my AB line and set the tramlines (previously had set tram width to 21m).
on the headland run the tramlines come on the screen on run 3 when it should be run 4.
set the tramlines for number of runs on field and they don’t match actual drill width :thinking:

I’m probably doing something stupidly simple wrong but i couldn’t work it out yesterday

your seeder is 3meter I assume and you expect trams to be managed in run 4 where you’d have:
(10,5 meter) 3x3+3/2 distance from the side.

Are you sure you didn’t offset them? There’s a button to move the AB-line by 3 meter (which would be exactly1 run in your case I think)

im not sure what i did
yes 3m seeder,21m sprayer

what i do is pull into the field
set to record boundary and sow round the hedge recording boundary with work coverage switched on
once i do full lap ,press the button to set a AB line off best hedge
also set a 21m headland boundary (so i seed the middle then do headland last so no trampling of seeded ground)

Not best pic but you can see what i mean about the headland tramline

Edit

Ok so i said i was stupidly thick :man_facepalming: drilled a field other day on 18m tramlines and forgot to set tram width back to 21 :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like