Troubleshooting steer motor not moving

Picture of that

Here are 2 pictures. 1 showing pwm in the green error and showing red error.
Green tractor on. Autosteer on. Green light on pcb
No lights on the ma or mb when i go from left to right

pressing the MA / MB makes the motor move?

I had to put extra solder on the ampseal pins for good connection.

Yes. Pressing the ma mb buttons manual make the motor spin

Looking at the two pictures you are missing an important connection. They may not be labeled correctly on the silkscreen.

The GND pin on the connection is not connected. It is labeled as PWM2 on the silkscreen on the board but it is in fact GND. Test the connection here to see if it is GND.

You need to make sure of all of those connections. Something doesn’t look correct. Probe them to make sure they are going where they are supposed to be.

AHH — not a real error but just the difference between the two numbers red if it´s missing to move wheels to the left green if it´s missing to the right.

Now we have established that problem is somewhere on the PCB and it is not the missing PWM 2 because that one is not used with Cytron.
What you need is help from someone that have a similar PCB (I still run PCB V2) But I guess you miss some of the small connectors that is needed with your type of PCB
EDIT: I see you have a white and a Black wire for that purpose, but I don´t know how they are supposed to be connected.

Can you elaborate a bit more?
Some pictures of the pcb and cytron pins

Am i missing something or not done something right?

Looking at the board more the silkscreen appears to probalby be correct. The pin order is not correct for the cytron. Right now you have GND on the board connected to the NC pin on the cytron.

Right now GND from the board is not connected to GND on the cytron.

You could jumper the two at the cytron.

Let me go grab a cytron. Maybe I am wrong here. Now that I think about it there are only 3 pins out on the cytron for thru hole. . .

Sorry for the rambling.

After a my brain caught up this morning I remembered there are only 3 pins on the cytron for the header even though there are 4 pins on the plug in connector.

You should be good there. Again sorry for my confusion.

Yes there are only 3 holes at the rear of the cytron.
I have the 4 pin plug that goes into the cytron if that’s any help

This tell you that your DIR is working, but somehow the PWM does not get to the Cytron. (Assuming theese measurments were done while showing a PWM number in steer setup)

And from your pictures above Cytron is connected correct.
Help is needed from another user with same PCB

I agree with Larsvest,

The only thing I can recommend is to check the PWM trace from the cytron to the teensy and find out what pin it is connected to. Make sure there is continuity there. Check the .ino to make sure it is using the corrrect pin for pwm.

Im not 100% sure on the pinout for the teensy to the cytron but pin 3 and 4 was previously suggested.
Im getting 3.3v on pin 3 and 1.84v on pin 4 of the teensy

Good way to go :slight_smile: first point is from pwm to other side of 330 OHM resistor

But pin 3 was/is for IBT_2
I also see you have set AOG for Cytron
Question now :was your PCB / Teensy connected to computer(and AOG) by UDP at the TIME you pressed the icon Send+Save in steer settings??

Try directly conect Teensy to Cytron with wires. I had nearly identical problem with nano on Kaupoi 4.1 . Could not figure it out, ordered new Cytron but as a last resort tryed to bypass PCB. An all worked :slight_smile: I suspect defected PCB and there is a tiny shorsircuit or something so data to Cytron is not arriving well :slight_smile:

Yes its been connected the the tablet the whole time via ethernet and i always press the send and save button when altering anything. Had this problem last week when i had everything installed in the tractor so i pulled it all back out and setup on the kitchen table.
Not sure on the pin out for the teensy, someone previously suggested pin 3 and 4 :thinking:

Any idea which pins i need to use to join the cytron and teensy