Trying to build autosteer with PCBv2 - Motor would not turn

How did you end up solving the issue?

Are you still having issues?

I bought arduno from 3 different brands. running circuit. I bought the same arduno. Unfortunately it didn’t. I reassembled the pcb, it still didn’t work. 4n33 doesn’t work. I have 6 4n33s of 2 different brands. I’ve done a robustness test 4n33 they’re all good.

Whats exact problem your motor wont turn because 4n33 is not shorting D6 ? just bypass optocoupler solder it to make short and use switch normaly to turn on steer switch.

Idk why are there optocoplers on pcb is it for 12v powered switches?

1 Like

Post a picture of your board, both sides and your motor controller

I don’t have 100k resistors on hand. I’ll get it and test it during the day. I will keep you informed of developments.

Check opticoupler orientation. I put mine in backwards, motor wouldn’t turn. Also confirm steer switch wired correctly

You can probably use anything from 10k to 500k.

I tried, no solution. where could i be doing wrong.

Have you already increased Proportional gain in drive settings? If not, try to set firstly to 200.

Do you have 12 v at the resistors just before the optocouplers?

test adaptörüm 9 volt. Dirençler de 9 volttur. pcb’yi tekrar kontrol ettim. Ben de herhangi bir sızıntı görmedim. dirençler, diyot, hepsini tek tek kontrol ettim. sorun yoktu.

I have tested all yours tips…

Proportional gain to 200
12v at the resistors befor octo
Octocoupler orientation, with the little notch pointing upwords.
Here are some pictures of my pcb…

If i press the test buttons at the motorcontroller the motor spins…

Next to check is voltage at the arduino pin.
Is it 5v when switch is off, and the chance to zero v when switch is on?
I mean steer switch.
And off course power must be on .

The pin on the arduino is D9?

Pin D6 to ground,

And you can solder switch before resistor and other wire to ground and you will bypass opto.

1 Like

It seems like i find the issue. When i connect the D6 to ground the autosteer works. So the issue is between the arduino and the steerswitch.

1 Like

I could write a book about PD6 :slight_smile:

1 Like

And the solution was…

1 Like

Also try to resolder the middle pin of the steer optocoupler, it does not have much solder, looking at your picture of backside of the PCB

1 Like