Ublox F9P - Config for rover

It’s working now! I just hurried to test the AG as soon as possible, I forgot to log out U Centrum from the USB port.

2 Likes

Impossible for me to update firmware in F9P
ucenter version 20.01
firmware UBX_F9_100_HPG_112_ZED_F9P.a26bfd58dfd11c233f8fdba6b99adc5a

I tried to use first, setting of Andreas topics and then settings of ublox settings.

Both finish with error as seen below :

Setup pipes

Firmware update tool launched

-p STDIO -b 9600:9600:921600 -f “C:\Program Files (x86)\u-blox\u-center_v20.01\flash.txt” -s 1 -t 1 -v 1 “C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\UBX_F9_100_HPG_112_ZED_F9P.a26bfd58dfd11c233f8fdba6b99adc5a(2).bin”

----------CMD line arguments-----------

Image file: C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\UBX_F9_100_HPG_112_ZED_F9P.a26bfd58dfd11c233f8fdba6b99adc5a(2).bin
Flash: C:\Program Files (x86)\u-blox\u-center_v20.01\flash.txt
Fis: flash.xml
Port: STDIO
Baudrates: 9600/9600/921600
Safeboot: 1
Reset: 1
AutoBaud: 0
Verbose: 1
Erase all: 1
Erase only: 0
Training sequence: 1
Chip erase: 0

Merging FIS: 0
Update RAM: 0

Use USB alt: 0

0.0 u-blox Firmware Update Tool version 19.03

0.0 Updating Firmware ‘C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\UBX_F9_100_HPG_112_ZED_F9P.a26bfd58dfd11c233f8fdba6b99adc5a(2).bin’ of receiver over ‘STDIO’
0.0 - Opening and buffering image file

0.0 - Verifying image

0.0 - image 0 size 654812

0.0 - image 1 size 411440

0.0 - config size 0

0.0 - Trying to open port STDIO

0.0 - Setting baudrate to 9600

0.2 - Sending training sequence

1.2 - Retry poll

2.2 - Retry poll

3.2 - Retry poll

3.2 ERROR: Version poll failed.

3.2 Firmware Update FAILED

Firmware Update Utility has unexpectedly terminated

Exit code (2)

It was an usb cable issue !

Thx to Richard

Be sure to use proper usb cables and not that Chinese crap… same as MMA’s and BNO’s :slight_smile:

I had a similar issue, was getting that error message or ERROR: Version is null.
I connected the USB at 230400 instead of the initial 9600 i was using, unchecked the Enter Safeboot mode before update and send training sequence boxes and checked the use this baudrate and set that to 230400 and it worked fine.
EDIT: And I think I’m using a cheap Chinese crap USB cable, so it may have worked first up without the changes, if I had a decent cable

I’m using this module(gnss.store) and when I upload this config it shows consistently location that is several tens of meters off :thinking: Do you have any idea what could cause this?

I meant this module

Do you have RTK fix?

I am updating an early f9p simpletrk2b and i get this message when transfering configuration file. Proceeding fails. What settings do i need to alter if i want to do it manually?
Aantekening 2020-03-23 093150

For your info, with a little help I have done it manually (approximately):
In Ucenter messages view go to UBX-CFG (send each time you change something)
-PRT: rtcm in, nmea out on chosen port, in my case UART1
-RATE: 125ms so 8hz
-MSG: go through dropdown list with NMEA messages, remove the tick next to the chosen port for everything except GGA and VTG
-lastly save CFG as shown by Andreas in first post.

Also good to know: setups with a simplertk2b module that worked with v3 and before and haven’t gone through the firmware/config file treatment stated above, will no longer work properly with v4. The screen jumps around like crazy, as if it’s a simulator/gps corruption. But it’s not. If it happens to you as in my case, update the modules. Then start all over new in Agopengps, delete appdata folder (or reset button in Agopengps now) and delete all the fields, vehicles and tools you made, because opening them for me invoked the spinning mayhem all over again.

1 Like

these errors also come when uploading with an older version of u-center!

No I haven’t been able to get RTK Fix but only DGPS. That is why I tried to use this config in the first place. I’m using open DGNSS-network through NTRIP as correction source. If I use default config, location is within ±1 meter but it’s only DGPS. Maybe the antenna or correction source isn’t good enough.

Can I use the config from above for the simple rtk 2b?

Yes, set AOG to 8hz to use it the good way.

1 Like

If the correction signal only supports three GNSS , has it then a benefit to use all set GNSS of the aortner config file? I would prefer to use only this three GNSS and set the f9p to 10 Hz. Is this okay?

If your base is only sending out corrections for GPS, Glonass and Galileo, I think it’s best to set your f9p rover also to 3 sat systems.

1 Like

With the above config file would an RTK fix be obtained? I’m using a Sparkfun branded GPS-RTK2 which uses the U-Blox f9p. I’ve followed the procedures listed at the beginning of the post. Should the RTK light go out? On my device that would indicate an RTK fix is obtained.

Please disregard this post, after about 4 minutes an RTK fix was obtained.

The “ortner” configuration file should certainly work. Do you have the rover antenna out with a good sky view and are you feeding your receiver with a valid RTK correction signal?

Sorry if this pretty basic stuff, just starting out here, I have an Ardusimple board.
So I clicked in firmware image and it brought up the file UBX-f9- etc, then i pressed go in bottom corner

Where am i going wrong?