UDP only - Where is AOG heading

If an ethernet is needed in a small package, I found this:

Or there are POE switches too:

Although the passive POE might be a problem for non-POE devices.

1 Like

One ethernet for GPS/Autosteer. If you need section control, you will need to add a switch. We may incorporate a mini swith to the pcb in time.

7 Likes

Regarding sending passive PoE into a regular jack, wouldn’t the Ethernet transformers take care of that? I’ll have to test that.

1 Like

Pretty neat. You guys are doing awesome work.

Some day having a little switch such that more than ethernet port is on the front panel would be ideal. And even better with POE (passive is fine) to run the section control box without requiring any additional wires. And I can think of other things too, like plugging in a POE camera so the tablet can act as a backup camera, or to monitor seed levels in side a planter or drill. Possibilities are endless.

5 Likes

Is anywhere on group topic about this board?

2 Likes

I am a beginner. In UDP, I set the port number of GPS to 10000. In the software, GPS does not receive data. Is it the wrong port, but IMU port 5578 can receive data.
Using the USB port, you can receive GPS data, but using UDPclient can’t receive data, I don’t know why,

Disable firewall while testing so your sure this will cause an issue. it was mine.

After, if re-enabling firewall causes an issue you must give agio permissions for private and public networks.

For port number, I think you must leave all to default, no change needed.

GPS port 10000 is for GPS from tool. I think normal vehicle GPS is 9999.

Are the windows settings described here for both wi-fi and ethernet to be active at the same time? Sometimes when I connect as UDP, if wi-fi is on, AOG gets the wrong IP number, will I fix my problem if I follow the instructions on this connection?

https://www.windowspage.de/tipps/022741.html

And it doesn’t work?
Mine is also showing the wifi IP sometime but it seem to work.(wifi and USB-C adapter)
If it works no need to do something!
Maybe it only show only the first, but is connected to both.

How are you people connecting WAS to pcb, we can power was from PoE and use one wire for signal, ethernet or landline cable is alot cheaper then electrical cable and if we have place on pcb for ethernet WAS connect, one side of install is plug and go.

If wi-fi is on, for example, I see a ridiculous ip like 169.231.134.0 in AOG and it does not connect, but when I turn off wi-fi, 192.168.20.

@whiterose When this is happening is you wifi adapter connected to a network or does it happen just when you have wifi on but are not connected to network?

It also happens when wi-fi is on and not connected to a network, it happens when I am connected to a network with wi-fi, I found a solution like this: when I disable the ethernet network connection and enable it again, I can get the correct ip. I’m very sorry, I forgot to mention that my operating system is win8, maybe win10 does not have such a problem.

AOG modules expect 192.168.1.xxx in current v 5.5. What does your setup consist of? How do you get ntrip and how do you connect to AOG modules?

All of the AOG modules are connected with UDP and work smoothly. My purpose in using wi-fi is to connect to the remote desktop and access the AOG screen, I have my own base station. I don’t use ntrip, Brian.

oh ok, no problem then. I did exactly what you are doing with TeamViewer for the robot tractor.

It gets complicated when using NTRIP which is why v5.6 will use static 192.168.5.xxx for its addresses which will leave your “normal” wifi ip for ntrip and internet etc.

1 Like

Your legendary and clever video has already inspired me :), best regards.

7 Likes

The port number I modified is 9999, and I still cannot receive data.