Universal Fit Gear System, with Quick Tach Motor Holder

You might not even need the aluminum replacement parts to get started. Just print this with PLA:

The replacement bowden tube is certainly not required. Although if you do replace it, the Capricorn tubes are the best.

1 Like

Even if order parts now it will be 2 months till they arive so plenty of time to try stock and PLA upgrade. With direct extruder bowden tube is not required?

It says that PLA/TPU/PETG is supported so theoretically no upgrade is needed but in practice its not good?

Essentially correct about the bowden tube.

The Ender 3 has always said it supports TPU, but the problem is the TPU often bunches up between the drive gear and the entrance to the bowden tube. The extruder plate on thingiverse or the aluminum parts on aliexpress fix that issue by reducing the gap essentially.

1 Like

3djake have a lot for 3d printing. I bought my ender 3 for 160$ without tax. They have tpu ect.

2 Likes

I went with ender 3 v2 250~ with tax & shipping because its silent.

2 Likes

Very good price. Yes the noise is annoying. I print in the basement because of the noise and the smell.

1 Like

That’s very cool, I am going to hang this pic on my shop wall! Love the blue colour.

The gears may squawk a little during run in, dry silicone lube spray works great.

1 Like

Thank you for the gear data, I also agree this project needs an XXXL large gear.

1 Like

Everything on your farm will now be fixed with custom plastic parts! 3d printers are great for the imagination.

Here is a off topic side project I dreamt up with the printer,

All those little custom ideas start appearing overnight.

9 Likes

Yes it was squeaky at first. I put a water-based lubricant and no more noise. It’s a nice blue, in a John Deere. :joy:

1 Like

Would someone be interested on printing these gears and motor holder for sale? Costs? I don’t have printer myself or know anyone who does. Or can some recommend commercial printer in Europe?

1 Like

I see that you are from Finland as well, so I could give you some helping hand. Haven’t calculated the exact cost, but I could do that.

I was about to ask to get the Tension brace mirrored, but realized that I can do that myself in the slicer. I’m using PrusaSlicer, but would expect same feature exising in all slicers. This is just a hint, if you are not able to fit things in default orientation.

I’m having trouble slicing large gear. Not sure what I’m missing. When i lay gear flat it comes up grey and won’t slice. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Hello. If the object turned gray, it means that it exceeds the maximum of the board. You have to place it differently by moving or rotating it to fit.

By default you have skirt support that will add 3 lines away from model that will push it out of workspace, try turning off support and make sure that you have correctly selected printer maybe its too big for your workspace.

You have segmented big gear stl files its in 3 parts and you connect them with m6 bolts.

Switched 12 teeth gear for 9 to have more power (even so 80 min pwm).

2 Likes

Not exactly sure what is going on with your triple gear dual motor system?, but I like it! Looks very cool

1 Like

Found my problem. Still was using raft instead of brim from a previous print.

Its one gear those 2 are failed attempts I placed them there for image, 12 was too much and 8 was too weak 9 is lowest that works on phigets with this 3.25 module.

Radmuffins, Hi. Can you share the 9 tooth gear file?