Universal Fit Gear System, with Quick Tach Motor Holder

Ya I’ve had good luck with hair spray as well.

Ok I fix it. I contact Anycubic to have the cura porofile of the printer and I use Cura insted of the Anycubric Slicer. Cura put a lot more support. I Aslo raise the temperature and slow down the printer. I get a bit of streging but it’s ok, I printed a 1/3 of the big gear. I can go on with my project.
Thanks for your answers

2 Likes

Hello, I am looking for a mounting for an electric motor for a Massey 74 series.

On my 7480

Cool idea, but I’m looking for something with a gear wheel

I attached my universal fit gear system to the steering column basically the same way @davidroberts30 shows above. It is on a JD tractor but could work on almost anything with a square steering column.

2 Likes

I have posts here of the universal mount fitted to MF7480 however I’ve since replaced with a steel bracket as the universal mount broke due to print quality. Have a look at my posts and I’ll try and get pictures of the bracket at weekend

2 Likes

How hard is it to modify the steering gear? If I wanted a bigger diameter, would I have to design a new one? or is there some easy way to enlarge it?

hello, in the potato farmer’s file I can’t find .stl for the quick attachment of the engine, the part that remains on the steering wheel support after disassembly. if someone can attach it, thank you very much

By 3d printing slicer you can increase the gear

for thes small gear you need to print the small one with same ratio and add a same one on same place to keep the hole dimention

Increasing the large gear won’t mess up the gear teeth size/spacing?

It should all be proportional so you shouldn’t have any issues as long as everything is scaled the same. The one problem is the holes for the bolts and the motor shaft on the small gear. I think Bricbric solves this by slicing the small gear with an unscaled gear embedded in the scaled gear to maintain hole diameter if I understand it correctly.

yes it is as Guy1000 say
result is like this after swtch 10% is not a big issue more will be probably a challenge

( for picture i do 150% to see the concept in cura )

after of course if you can acces to 3D software or share the files and the request it will be better

1 Like

Great stuff - thanks for your great contributions.
I am printing off the STL files as we speak, but I want to use Auto Steer with Ardupilot using Orange Cube Pixhawk rather than AOG. I want to build an autonomous lawn tractor to mow hop yard near Perth Ontario. If I can I don’t want to have a tablet on the lawn mower. Any suggestions Or comments?

Any way to mount @PotatoFarmer gear to a 2 spoke versatile / Chrysler style steering wheel ??

I downloaded the universal mount v2 and made all the metal components. I’m a little stuck trying to figure out how the round/hexagon pieces assemble. I saw some photos in this thread of a metal one/videos on youtube but it looks like it might be a slightly older version as they didn’t have the round/hexagon pieces. can anyone share a photo, or point me in the right direction of how they bolt together? Here is a photo of what I have assembled so far. This is the last bit of the assembly i believe before i can put it in the tractor. i just want to make sure I’m

doing it right.

i reply in this post

you will have quite finich

link hexa and round with small stud m6 on green cross
align purple cross with one bolt

2 Likes

Ok, i understand now. thank you.

1 Like