Updating panda + pcbv2 setup

Two years ago I assembled a Panda board + PCBv2 setup using usb and it’s still running fine on AgOpenGPS 5.6.2, but I wanted to update to the newest version 6.3.2. Is it even possible to do this using my boards? I’ve been looking for newer firmware for them but from what I’ve found in release updates there was an obligatory firmware update for UDP version when updating to 5.7.1 (5.7.1 Update Stable Release). Does it mean that I can just straight up use 6.3.2 with usb, without flashing new firmware on my boards?

You’ll need to update the firmware on all your modules, as well as the tablet. But the hardware will all work with 6.3.1

1 Like

Ok, but do you know where I can find the firmware for panda and PCBv2 boards? All I can find is for AIO boards

The panda code is the AIO 2.4 code. The pcbv2 is in the Arduino modules folder.

1 Like

You mean AIO 2.5 for panda? It seems that there’s no 2.4 in the repository. Is it this one?

and for pcbv2 that one?

Yes that’s right. Looks like I got the wrong number for the panda code :pensive:. The 2.5 code is correct.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I will try it out then

Ok, so I updated the teensy to 2.5 today and now it only gives “Swapping GPS ports” in serial monitor in AgIO. I tried to update the firmware on teensy while it was still connected to the rest of Panda board, which didn’t work and I had to unplug it anyway to update it properly. Could the F9P get damaged or something?

Did you update the f9p as well?

No, am I supposed to? I assumed you meant that I have to update just the teensy on the panda board.

I’m guessing you’ll have to. Something in the baud rate was probably changed, and now the f9p and teensy can’t communicate.

1 Like

Ok, I updated the F9P config and now it works. Thanks again!

2 Likes