Upload Ino to Teensy

Hello
I have just received my Teensy V4.1 today and I try to upload the ino.
During the compiling step, Ihave this error:

Autosteer_gps_teensy_v4: In function ‘void setup()’:
Autosteer_gps_teensy_v4:247: error: ‘class HardwareSerial’ has no member named ‘addMemoryForRead’
247 | SerialGPS->addMemoryForRead(GPSrxbuffer, serial_buffer_size);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Autosteer_gps_teensy_v4:248: error: ‘class HardwareSerial’ has no member named ‘addMemoryForWrite’
248 | SerialGPS->addMemoryForWrite(GPStxbuffer, serial_buffer_size);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Autosteer_gps_teensy_v4:256: error: ‘class HardwareSerial’ has no member named ‘addMemoryForRead’
256 | SerialGPS2->addMemoryForRead(GPS2rxbuffer, serial_buffer_size);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Autosteer_gps_teensy_v4:257: error: ‘class HardwareSerial’ has no member named ‘addMemoryForWrite’
257 | SerialGPS2->addMemoryForWrite(GPS2txbuffer, serial_buffer_size);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘class HardwareSerial’ has no member named ‘addMemoryForRead’

Thnaks for your help

Unless you are modifying the code yourself you should not use the arduino IDE. Download ConfigOMatic and use that to flash the teensy

1 Like

It looks kind you’re using teensyDuino that’s too new. With the official AIO code it’s best to use 1.57

Hello

I have just followed the guide in the wiki. So I used Arduino ide 1.8.X with teensyduino. I chose an AIO PCB standard V4.5.

What is configOmatic?

Does the guides not specify which teensyDuino version to use?

The wiki also shouldn’t be telling people to compile it themselves. It should just tell them to use ConfigOMatic or teensyloader

2 Likes

Thanks for all of your answers, I use the wonderfull software Releases · lansalot/AOGConfigOMatic · GitHub and I configured successfully yhe Teensy.

1 Like