V 5 Beta

What kind of filtering is it? I once used percentiles. It looked promising because you quickly get response for a new trend but keep out the Bounce over.

Great you added a log function!! That will make things a lot easier for me, thanks a lot! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Simple complimentary filter. Takes 10% of the new value added to the current value.

If people think it is too slow, can do 80 20 to speed it up.

avgPivDistance = avgPivDistance * 0.9 + distanceDisplayPivot * 0.1;

I have a tablet that I use for testing from tractor to tractor. I loaded v5005 and loaded the 7330 from file. Went to steer settings to double check, and they are still with the last tractor I had set up.
Have I been confused in thinking that steer settings change with vehicle in v5 ?
Is it a possibility to make them updated with the vehicle ?

I just tried the V5.0.0.5 version at 5Hz, still the same problem. When first starting up agopen the speed reads 0. When the tractor once moved the speed does not get to 0 anymore. Loaded 5.0.0.3 and going very smooth.

I just drove it with 5005 and GGA,VTG and is no problem. My GPS never gets to 0 since the fixes and VTG always show movement. HAve a look at your sentence in GPSData in AgIO (touch the 2 arrows at the top) you can see the speed in the sentence.

#region VTG Message
        //$GPVTG,054.7,T,034.4,M,005.5,N,010.2,K*48

//VTG          Track made good and ground speed
        //054.7,T      True track made good (degrees)
        //034.4,M      Magnetic track made good
        //005.5,N      Ground speed, knots
        //010.2,K      Ground speed, Kilometers per hour
        //*48          Checksum
        #endregion VTG Message

What is your GPS setup?

It should change when you load another vehicle, another thing to check and make sure.

Edit:
Just tried, when i loaded original saved, then set all the steer form to max, saved that, reloaded original, back to normal, loaded MAx, everything at max again.

Hello. I think that with the new version 5005, the section control of the machine module does not work with the arduino ino.

Yep, worked for me also. Thanks Brian

I looked at the speed problem again. At very low speeds, my receiver does not send any track made good data, but only empty field instead. At the same time speed is not anymore updated in AgIO/AOG.

Could that be the problem? It looks like they are related, unfortunately couldn’t get a log of it yet.

you are right, VTG shows this 0,2 to 0,4 km/h speed when standing still.

So the versions till 5.0.0.3 display this as 0 , from 5.0.0.4 and newer display the actual measured gps (VTG) speed. I will crank up the autosteer startspeed to above 1 km/h and try the newest version again!

1 Like

Ya, an old bug got into the silly thing again. Silly github drives me nuts!!

Here is it fixed - and has tram relays too.

Machine_USB_v5_0.zip.txt (3.0 KB)

Hello,

No bug repport, some question:

What do you mean by dual roll ? Roll from dual antena ?

Now there is a filter on roll inside AOG: what filter type is it and to what filter parameter correspond the slider ?

Nice !

Math

It works, but not well. The relays that are connected to pin 5 and 6 do not work.

5 and 6 are Tram relays. 3 and 4 are hyd lift 7 to 12 are sections

Yes, the height of each antenna translates into roll.

Just a complementary filter from 0 to almost forever smoothing. Set until you feel its “perfect”.

Question: Is it an easy fix to make it so that AB curve would work when doing a complete full circle under a center pivot Irrigator? Currently works fantastic with sections of a pivot, like up to 300 degrees worth (which is most of our pivots). But if you try and create an ab curve on a 360 degree irrigator, I’ve found the end result is bent lines that head in random directions away from the field. On the sim, if you hold a constant steer angle of a few degrees and drive a full circle to create an ab curve line, you’ll see what I mean I think.

Just tested, mine goes to 0. It takes a little afer satnding still, but it´s counting down to 0 at 5005

Hello together

my first field test today - beginning was super. I´m used to spend min 1h for doing the calibration stuff on tractor- with new version it took ~10 min. Thanks to all developers and special to you Brian!!
And the best is, even if the calibarion went fast, tractor went smooth on line. Supercool.

One bug I found, I think. When you click the button “shift AB Line 1/2 working width” tractor goes in the opposite direction of the arrow. The other arrows for shifting AB xcm are correct.

As I wrote before I´m not so happy with the center AB Line Button. If I press while driving, weird things are happening like AGO is changing from forward to reverse.
If I´m standing and press the “center AB” Button, ist counting down, but not to zero. I´ve to press a second time, than it goes near 0. But if I go on again, it shows -10 from line for example and tractor does some wild steering action. So I dont trust this stuff.

What I miss: as I wrote before, It would be nice to allow slow speed, from 0,1 km/h. If we plant leek, every 10cm has to be a plant and people on planting machine are not that fast, that they could do this at 0,5 kph
Another thing I miss, is the option to change the degrees of AB Line. Spcial in veggy production we have to go exactly the same line. If I create AB line from KML file they are always a little bit different, depending on the points aof the boundery I click. In 4.3 I could correct this very easy and set AB to 27,198 for e.g… But maybe it´s still on 5005 and I didn´t find.

But, if there are some things we can discuss here, its a very great development and specialliy for beginners very easy now to come in. Very nice!

Maybe once the souce code is released, we can start modifying it for the slower speeds.

It is like Christmas. Presents under the tree all wrapped up nicely. We’ve shook, we’ve peaked, might have even pulled back some tape. But getting really anxious to see what’s in the box. If the wrapping is this nice, it has to be a jewel inside.

1 Like