V 5 Beta

Running v5.4 in the Claas working, it’s amazing how it can keep to the line.

Question:
Is anyone running there v5 with the WAS centre corrected with the slider?

And then when auto steering do the two angles in green box bottom left of screen match? Or are the off by the same amount as the zeroing slider?

4 Likes

But if you go up or down hill with roll with contour?
But I think that somebody else have been thinking it before, and it even doesn’t effect nothing or it is negligible that it doesn’t matter…

Latest version on Github release.

Updates include the line lock for contour.
Being able to set the step distance that uturn approaches the uturn line. Set to a meter if its not critical to follow the line, 10 is minimum (how it was previously when going slow). Will work on the go past then inch back and will be an update. You turn is pretty complex so need to test it well with big changes.

I think we are super close to full release.

Screenshot_31

1 Like

The curve already does that unless you drift off the line, move it, snap it, turn around, or a million other reasons.

If your offset is -2 degrees and you slide the Zero Offset slider to 2 degrees, the green box should show zero. If you add some value, then yes, it will show that value above or below zero. The purpose is to remove that angle offset to be 0.

It works correctly for a positive value, but when you have a negative angle say -5 degrees you get AOG sending that as 65036 (you see that from AgDiag window) which as int16 is -500. On the Teensy that’s now a 32 bit int so it’s actually reading 65036 so after float conversion and multiplication I get a steer angle of 650.36 degrees instead of -5.0 degrees.

20200427_102145 klein Is it possible to get a “veggie release” or allow start speed from 0.1 km/h? It`s V3.9 on the pic last year.

3 Likes

Brian,
I think more european request ,
in the headland menu the first box show number between 1 to 5
In europe we have some seed drill 3 or 4 meter and sprayer 7 or 9 more like

3 x 7 = 21 or 3 x 9 = 27
or
4 x 7 =28 or 4 x 9 = 36

if it is easy can you change it,
if it is complex we can add the extra by second value box, so solution exist

Does anyone ever thought about the ability to also set working length next to working width, or does it make everything to complex? That way you could set overlap in the length of the implement.

Hi, did you change pgn or something on switchcontrol between 5003 and 5004 ? It work on 5003 but not on the last 5004 for me. I’m with udp.

Thanks so much Brian! I’ll test the step distance setting today. Several neighbours are putting seed in the ground here already (Milk River, Alberta). No pressure to finish up the final release if you’ve got things to do–we appreciate all your work!

2 Likes

I can add many more no problem.Screenshot_32

4 Likes

so great, so quick, thanks Brian!

Will the v5 work better with the antenna on the hood or over the cab?

I can’t get V5.0.0.4 (newest version couple of hours old) get to work ok, when I stand still the km/h keeps displaying 0.5 to 0.8 km/h. It’s not lag because it imideately increases and decreases with tractor speed. When braking to zero it drops direct but stays at 0.5 km/h.
Does this have something to do with the NMEA parsed to agio / huge change as written in post 160 from Brian?

V5.0.0.3 works great on the same tractor. Gets to the line perfectly and to 0.0 km/h when standing still. Autosteer and GPS connected via USB @10Hz with rtk.

I have the same issue, standing still with VTG showing 0.0x km/h but speed display (and GPS data form inAgIO) show non-zero speed (usually 1-2 km/h for me). It looks like speed values below a threshold get ignored for some reason.

I tested this afternoon as well, and it seems to be the same. When the tractor is near the line and driving all is fine. But when starting everything seems a bit lag and slow. Even if I try to center AB Line, it comes but lag and damped.

Didn´t try V5.003. but with V4.31 everything was quick and precise. Maybe it´s my problem of installation maybe on code. Don´t know.

Using USB for Arduino and GPS as well

I think this “lag” when centering is coded, 5.0.0.3 has it also but steers nicely.

What kind of gps are you using? Dual, or single, and which sentences please?

single gps, simplertk2b F9P, only nmea VTG and GGA as suggested @10hz.

rtk correction. Of course the usb .ino that comes with the 5.0.0.4 version.
All settings same as v5.0.0.3 which performs very nice!