V 5 Beta

Can you explain what you mean by this “lag” ?

My guess is that this is the speed between each gps measurement, as it is not at exactly same place. Eg. 4 measurements, 10 cm east 10 cm west 10 cm north 10 south. So 20 cm moved in the time between 2 of them.
At 10 Hz that would give 7.2 km/h, so distance between measurements could be as small as 2 cm.

Like kappelbauer said, when I hit center AB line when having offset to AB, in V4 the distance imideatly becomes 0 and the lightbar with it (so directly 0 distance to line when centered). In all V5 versions I have tried (also in simulator mode) when you have offset from AB and hit center, it takes lake two or three seconds for the lightbar to reach the center.

Sounds like a possibility, but shouldn’t rtk be more precise? I don’t experience this when I stand still on the line. It always shows stable, standing still distance from line when not moving.

If I stand still, it shows a stable position. But when I drive on line, eg center the line and stop in between 5 seconds the line will move 5 cm or something away from center. This “process” is stable after ca 10 sec. If I go on again it shows eg. -10cm and after a short drive, with steering its in center again.
Don´t understand why it shows this +5 or -10, I am still on the position center of AB Line.
For me it seems like GPS Signal is not coming fast enough to calculate the actuell position.
Tomorrow I will test again, also 5003.

Change it to 5 hz and see if any difference maybe.

There is a bit of filtering now so the numbers don’t bounce all over the place. A lot more useful information that is easier to read. The autosteer sees the jump immediately, but us humans can’t read numbers at 10 hz so pointless to show them.

so if there is 1,0,0,1,0,0,1, 4, 0, 1 - All you will see is the 4 when in reality it probably is an anomaly or bounce over. The average being 0.8 which is much more valuable information

Hopefully last beta… V5.0.0.5 need to *** load the steer ino *** as well unfortunately for the steer config to work.

Changes last couple days:

Contour guidance line lock, selectable
Reverse detect for AB Line if not leaving line but turning around.
uturn step distance setting from 10 cm to 100cm in uturn config.
KML files now contain flag notes.
Headlands set to 14 tool widths possible.
Roll invert and zeroing for dual roll.
UTC mostly deleted from Parsing - only RMC now
Jaap has changed all int and uint to template int16_t etc
Also added option to not use steer switch or button, set to none.
New from KML, bug upon creation used current fix for start coords instead of field coords average.
“Blue globe” icon error in boundary caused by adding space to filename when not using date/time filename suffix.
LogNMEA now logs incoming pgn’s from nmea parsing, steer module, and imu module, with time stamps. Stores in fields directory (gets big really fast - but you can see exactly what is going on)
Removed negating speed. No such thing as negative speed.
Environment not being saved when saving a vehicle - fixed (I hope)
Center slider button removed - confusing.
Length checks on lat lon without decimals (add .00) - occasional exception called.
Vili Image update to latest images - Nice work Vili…

Did i miss any???

Lots of other little changes.

v5.0.0.5 release.

6 Likes

Cool features, You are my idol. I can’t find you in this photo :slight_smile: Thanks for everything.

5 Likes

Brian, thanks for all your effort and time you invest in this system and also to help me and others solve problems!

I already thought “lightbar filtering” was happening, nice improvement because lightbar and number from line are so nice stable now!

I will try V5.0.0.5 this afternoon at 5Hz to see if I can get the km/h to 0.

What kind of filtering is it? I once used percentiles. It looked promising because you quickly get response for a new trend but keep out the Bounce over.

Great you added a log function!! That will make things a lot easier for me, thanks a lot! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Simple complimentary filter. Takes 10% of the new value added to the current value.

If people think it is too slow, can do 80 20 to speed it up.

avgPivDistance = avgPivDistance * 0.9 + distanceDisplayPivot * 0.1;

I have a tablet that I use for testing from tractor to tractor. I loaded v5005 and loaded the 7330 from file. Went to steer settings to double check, and they are still with the last tractor I had set up.
Have I been confused in thinking that steer settings change with vehicle in v5 ?
Is it a possibility to make them updated with the vehicle ?

I just tried the V5.0.0.5 version at 5Hz, still the same problem. When first starting up agopen the speed reads 0. When the tractor once moved the speed does not get to 0 anymore. Loaded 5.0.0.3 and going very smooth.

I just drove it with 5005 and GGA,VTG and is no problem. My GPS never gets to 0 since the fixes and VTG always show movement. HAve a look at your sentence in GPSData in AgIO (touch the 2 arrows at the top) you can see the speed in the sentence.

#region VTG Message
        //$GPVTG,054.7,T,034.4,M,005.5,N,010.2,K*48

//VTG          Track made good and ground speed
        //054.7,T      True track made good (degrees)
        //034.4,M      Magnetic track made good
        //005.5,N      Ground speed, knots
        //010.2,K      Ground speed, Kilometers per hour
        //*48          Checksum
        #endregion VTG Message

What is your GPS setup?

It should change when you load another vehicle, another thing to check and make sure.

Edit:
Just tried, when i loaded original saved, then set all the steer form to max, saved that, reloaded original, back to normal, loaded MAx, everything at max again.

Hello. I think that with the new version 5005, the section control of the machine module does not work with the arduino ino.

Yep, worked for me also. Thanks Brian

I looked at the speed problem again. At very low speeds, my receiver does not send any track made good data, but only empty field instead. At the same time speed is not anymore updated in AgIO/AOG.

Could that be the problem? It looks like they are related, unfortunately couldn’t get a log of it yet.