V 5 Beta

Yes, that is clear. The problem with Reach is that sentences are not selectable, I believe the only way to reduce data flow is to drop frequency (to 1 Hz). V4 handles this data flow just fine, something changed in parsing?

I changed the f9p config, now only gga and vtg at 10Hz and V5 seems to run ok! At least the gps position is stable.
I did a little testdrive and tractor is a bit unstable around the line, but will need finetuning of the new sliders in V5 which need different settings as you mentioned.
Thanks for the help from all of you!
I hope V5 wil guide my hitch mounted potato planter better because of the integral! Without that it did drive off the line due to draft.

Emlid has a new Beta software out with NMEA sentence selection, should be part of the stable release soon.

Great, thanks for the info! I Will definitely try that as a workaround.

Emlid Beta NMEA sentence and talker code selection

It took me awhile to convince them to do this, but I am so glad that it has been done. The Emlid team is really making the F9P experience very easy to use. You can ask them for improvements and if they are good they eventually get done.

1 Like

As a reminder, AgOpenGPS requires:

For single antenna, GGA and VTG or just RMC of at least 5hz.
For dual, PAOGI sentence, or GGA,VTG, HDT, AVR for F9P based and GGA,VTG,HDG,AVR for Bynav based systems.

Send it a bunch of useless sentences, your experience will be very disappointing. True for v4 and v5.

5 Likes

Got it working now, thanks a lot for your effort on this! Sending only GGA and VTG @5Hz, no field test possible now but on yard all looks great.

1 Like

5Hz is the maximum?

Not for AOG but for my Emlid receiver yes, it can output higher rate only for limited constellations. In practice 5 Hz is just fine for my applications.

3 Likes

The rs+/m+ is a m8p, rs2/m2 is a f9p.

I thought they were both capable of 10hz, but really 10 hz only starts to shine once you get some speed like a sprayer.

But he got it working!

2 Likes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WKDQj19kl_9pFnIbGAz529zSuZOmScPC/view?usp=sharing

Just grabbed my phone and shot this before I got to the end. <0 to 0> back and forth all the way. Never saw a 1.
Thanks Guys

5 Likes

unbele[quote=“Jhmach, post:137, topic:4678, full:true”]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WKDQj19kl_9pFnIbGAz529zSuZOmScPC/view?usp=sharing

Just grabbed my phone and shot this before I got to the end. <0 to 0> back and forth all the way. Never saw a 1.
Thanks Guys
[/quote]

unbelievably stable! It would be nice to know what autosteer settings you use (P, stanley or pp, ingegral, …

1 Cm or Inch? Lol

I may have found a small bug on v5 unless it is normal … Let me explain:
When I load a hardware config, in the UTurn page the UTurn distance parameter to the border, stays on the highest value between the previously loaded hardware and the new one.

1 Like

I’m a Dannie. Max proportional and output. Low is 44. Absolutely just centered WAS on the county road, and adjusted on the CPD a little. All other settings are same as 4.3
Oh, PP only. Integral is at default 15

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. little video from Denmark

6 Likes

Possible bug: The auto reverse detection is really handy. But ive found sometimes it gets the direction wrong or will change mid field after reversing and won’t detect when I’m driving forwards again. I then have to restart the program while driving forwards to get it set right again. For idiot proofness, would it be possible to add a button to manually change tractor direction? Or a setting to turn it off for those it doesn’t work well enough for?

I have a combine type vehicle configuration, no IMU.

Press the arrow/tractor to switch directions.

Doh… That’ll do it. I swear that didn’t work for me yesterday, thanks.

What kind of gps are you using? If it does it while moving forward already, the fixes are really jumpy maybe once in a while.

What is your min speed and fix to fix distance set to? Set min speed to at least 1.5 and fix to fix at least to 1.