V4 all-in-one PCB

I use Arduino IDE (for flashing) when the Teensy is removed from the PCB since I read that is should. Connecting and reading serial could not hurt and sounds like an great idea. Thanks!

Did you follow the wiki suggestions. Using 1.8.x together with teensyduino 1.57 Configuring The Teensy · farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS_Boards Wiki · GitHub

Yes, I did…
It was there I got the information:
“You can plug your Teensy in now over USB - and make sure it is removed from the Panda or All-in-one-boards!!”

As you have no GPS in AGIO I assume you do not have the teensy blinking orange/red.
So apart from bad soldering or other bad connections, you are back at to:
A: F9P not working
B: Or somehow not set the matching baudrate. (older ino for teensy used 115200)

When uploading the TXT you did see a lot of green dots filling up on screen i U-center ?
And you did SAVE in U-center!

I had the teensy on the board, removed the ampseal → board not powered, then plugged into the teensy usb and was able to read the serial output using the serial monitor of arduino ide. There you can then seebit registering the BNO and GPS (connect antenna). I also first made the mistake of not saving the config in u-center so didn’t receive GPS. Saving it under actions->save config did it for me. I used the f9p 1.32 frimware and singleantenna config from current master of AgopenGPS_Boards repository.

For Teensy I had to comment out line 18 and 19 (Wire1.end(); Wire1.begin():wink: of TeensyModules/V4.1/Firmware/Autosteer_gps_teensy_v4_1/zADS1115.cpp, otherwise it was constantly rebooting… that was a proposed fix here https://discourse.agopengps.com/t/teensy-disconnecting/, but it seems it only is an issue with the newer teensyduino version…

Thank you Larsvest for supporting me!
I have checked the PCB connections between F9P and Teensy. Seems ok to me(for what that is worth).
It is of course hard to tell if the F9P work or not. But at least it can be flashed and it shows satellites in U-center
The baudrates in .ino says:
const int32_t baudAOG = 115200;
const int32_t baudGPS = 460800;
const int32_t baudRTK = 9600; // most are using Xbee radios with default of 115200

I saw green dots filling the screen when updating firmware. For the .txt just showed numbers uploading.
I tried to save config both via Receiver → Action → Save Config and View → Messages View

It seems like there is an issue with the communication between F9P and Teensy…

I do not think I have any issue with rebooting. My steer test seems to work just fine. The steer switch does however not seem to work(have not looked into that in detail).

You are right green dots are for firmware.

Try different baudrates at the 460800 spot.

If for some reason f9p does not run at 460800.
Try 115200 first

What speed do ucenter connect to f9p?

Do you mean like changing .ino to
const int32_t baudGPS = 115200;
and change U-center to 115200?

Another thing, in u-center, there is this “magic wand” button when setting baud rate. Shall that button be pressed or not? I think I’ve tried both, but I am not really sure…

I did not know I could see what speed u-center connects. I thought it just was to set the baud rate

I mean only change teensy ino , and hope by luck to get the same as f9p have. It seems f9p does not save the wanted baudrate.
I suppose you have NOT f9p connected to the USB, when connected to AgIO.
Make sure f9p have been powered off after connected to ucenter (to make sure settings are what you have saved on f9p. )

“I suppose you have NOT f9p connected to the USB, when connected to AgIO.”
No it is UDP
Ok ,I’ll perform som baud rate tests and see if that would sort it. Tonight it will however be some service on our harvester combine. It would actually be neat to fit a V4 AIO on the old combine as well :slightly_smiling_face:

On the right side towards the top there is a box with several options. This is where it stores this files on the F9P. By default I think only the top two are selected I always select all of them as some do not save the config on a reboot but not sure right now which.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

im doing my own V4 all in one PCB + system build.One question i do have, and i’m probably overthinking it, but how to i set up my 24V system with the V4 micro board?
I soldered a wire from pin 18 to the Cytron PWR, pin 18 will be connected to the 24V out of the converver. converter should to straight to ground and 12V outside of the AgO system right?
but then how to connect the motor? Motor only has 2 wired, red an black. Pin 5 is the motor left so thats one motor wire(red), is pin 6 (motor right) the other wire (black)? or does that need to be ground? Pin 5 and 6 will then give 24V through the board from the Cytron, and where do i put the ground of the 24V side of the converter to close the circuit? the minus side of the cytron will need to be connected to this 24V ground too, do i need the Cytron GRD hole on the PCB to connect that? like i said probably overthing but could use your help. :slight_smile:

Overthinking it.

24V+to Pin 18
Pin 5 to motor left
Pin 6 to motor right
Ground will be obtained from Pin 23 (make sure wire is large enough to carry current of PCB and motor), so ignore the ground from the 24V converter.

Solved! Got GPS :smiley:
Finally 3 leds

It was annoying simple, perhaps I just have missed this information:
In u-center
View->Message view go to UBX->CFG->PRT
Added info for UART1. I am not sure about the protocol might need to change it later…
Pushed send
Save config to be sure

1 Like

Yes, very simple.
So all is working now?

That means, your f9p configuration was’nt stored.

I am receiving a position in AOG. Now I am currently setting up my NTRIP caster. I’ll guess it will be some fiddling with settings to make it work. But at least I am moving forward again.

Setting up the caster I read that in ucenter send needs to be pushed twice. Could perhaps be part of the issue. It might be more settings I need to change…?!

You’ll need ubx nmea & rtcm3 if you’re using ntrip

1 Like