(Variable) Rate control

I’m sure it something simple I’m missing but when I try to upload the gerber for the teensy RC11 board to JCLPCB it doesn’t have any components for assembly. Anyone have a similar problem?

I’m using an RC11 PCB to control the metering on a seed drill, rate control all works well, but I want the motor to stop turning when not seeding, ie turning on headland, when stationary, passing a previously covered area etc.

But, despite trying all combinations of settings it keeps going. I have just one section.

So, I’m going to fit a relay, on one of the motor wires ,that will be switched by the section relay.
Before I do, is there anything I’m missing?

Just tested the code again and the motor shuts off on headlands, stationary etc. Is the control type set for motor? Is a valve used to control the motor?

1 Like

Thank you, so knowing it should work as I thought, I found I’d set a min UPM,

Putting that back to zero fixed it.

1 Like

I’ll add that fix to the troubleshooting Wiki page.

2 Likes

Thank you @SK21 rate control app and RC11 worked like clockwork all day metering seed for a Broadcaster

Super accurate :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@SK21 sorry for the message in the wrong topic. I wired another rc8 board and switch board. Using ethernet, everything works except the cytron for the flow control valve. Manually the buttons move it. The inc/dec switch does nothing, any ideas? The switch to the arduino is getting signal, then from there to the rc8 arduino I’m lost!

Have anyone looked into using WebODM and drone photos to make make rate map based on GLI (Green Leaf Index) or other algorithms for plant health?

Or online services like cropsat

I’m doing this regularly but not to drive AOG.

My workflow is M3M imagery, Pix4DFields to stitch, Either Fields or PCT.AG to build prescriptions then export shapefiles to Deere Ops or USB depending on the equipment being used for the particular application.

Is there any newer version that supports variable rate maps besides the one from @KentStuff ?

Or where can I load the variable rate map in the stable version?

Have a look here and see if this helps.

https://discourse.agopengps.com/t/variable-rate-control/373/906?u=commonrail

Thank you, I already found it, I just need a preview, but great job :smiley:

I wanted to create a map according to the video you sent, but after saving the map in qgis as an image. The image is too large in relation to the border. Everything is done as in the video, any other QGIS settings?

I have excact the same or way to big or rotation is off. I gave up for now. Maybe later when more time.

You must use the AgOpen attached in the video post.

It is modified to load the map to the boundary, the standard version dose not include this.

Hello,
I am looking at using the rate code controller to monitor seed rate on my jd 750 drill,
I have been looking at the app and I think it has all the capabilities to do this.
What I’m not clear on is how do I get the scale weight info into AOG rate controller? I have managed to get data out from my scale monitor for a different version that didn’t work great. (see pic) I realize I will need to order a board, I’m thinking the simple nano one, (the rest of my system is v4.5 with UDP.) but I’m not clear what wires would need to be imputed where on the rate control board?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Scale weights are not used on the current version. Some work was done in earlier versions, but it was never finished.

I think the scale moves too much/is not percise enough on those drills.
On mine the readings are fluctuating a lot while driving.
I read it standing still.
IMO best is to just use a manual factor and take notes for the next year!

Noticed a strange behavior today: If I stop and the implement is on already applied area, it shuts off as expected. But after some seconds all sections get switched on for a fraction of a second, then back off. It keeps doing that over and over. Also visible in AOG and RC. Is this an RC problem or AOG? Any suggestions?
Using AOG v6.3.3 and RC 3.7.14, Hardware: RC 12, Switch Box.

You right about while driving, so what I did with the last program is lift and stop on the head lands and then look at the rate and then move on. It was still nice to check the rate with out needing to do the math all day.
It definitely would not be able to adjust the rate but it could still make life alot easier and faster.

1 Like