(Variable) Rate control

I’m doing this regularly but not to drive AOG.

My workflow is M3M imagery, Pix4DFields to stitch, Either Fields or PCT.AG to build prescriptions then export shapefiles to Deere Ops or USB depending on the equipment being used for the particular application.

Is there any newer version that supports variable rate maps besides the one from @KentStuff ?

Or where can I load the variable rate map in the stable version?

Have a look here and see if this helps.

https://discourse.agopengps.com/t/variable-rate-control/373/906?u=commonrail

Thank you, I already found it, I just need a preview, but great job :smiley:

I wanted to create a map according to the video you sent, but after saving the map in qgis as an image. The image is too large in relation to the border. Everything is done as in the video, any other QGIS settings?

I have excact the same or way to big or rotation is off. I gave up for now. Maybe later when more time.

You must use the AgOpen attached in the video post.

It is modified to load the map to the boundary, the standard version dose not include this.

Hello,
I am looking at using the rate code controller to monitor seed rate on my jd 750 drill,
I have been looking at the app and I think it has all the capabilities to do this.
What I’m not clear on is how do I get the scale weight info into AOG rate controller? I have managed to get data out from my scale monitor for a different version that didn’t work great. (see pic) I realize I will need to order a board, I’m thinking the simple nano one, (the rest of my system is v4.5 with UDP.) but I’m not clear what wires would need to be imputed where on the rate control board?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Scale weights are not used on the current version. Some work was done in earlier versions, but it was never finished.

I think the scale moves too much/is not percise enough on those drills.
On mine the readings are fluctuating a lot while driving.
I read it standing still.
IMO best is to just use a manual factor and take notes for the next year!

Noticed a strange behavior today: If I stop and the implement is on already applied area, it shuts off as expected. But after some seconds all sections get switched on for a fraction of a second, then back off. It keeps doing that over and over. Also visible in AOG and RC. Is this an RC problem or AOG? Any suggestions?
Using AOG v6.3.3 and RC 3.7.14, Hardware: RC 12, Switch Box.

You right about while driving, so what I did with the last program is lift and stop on the head lands and then look at the rate and then move on. It was still nice to check the rate with out needing to do the math all day.
It definitely would not be able to adjust the rate but it could still make life alot easier and faster.

1 Like

The current set up send the scale weight and is readable as you can see in the picture,
Is there anyway I could use this to get the weight into AOG?
Or would it be easier to get the acre applied out of AOG to my own program? The acre meter is the problem with my program. Isn’t accurate enough.
I’m not able to code myself I did have a friend helping but I would need to have a direction to work towards before I bother him again to help me.

Try it without RC to see if it still does it. I just tested stopping over an applied area but I couldn’t get it to switch on and off. Same hardware/software as you used.

looks like i soldered the incorrect switch to the switch box pcb… The master is a switch that stays in its on position at the moment, i guess it has to be button style right?

Yes. Something like these:
https://www.amazon.ca/Twidec-Miniature-Momentary-Waterproof-MTS-123-MZ/dp/B07VHCB1Q4/ref=asc_df_B07VHCB1Q4?tag=bingshopdesk-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80745476895461&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345035442642&th=1

Hi, anyone could upload a prescription shapefile to AOG.
I cant. If there is a way to do, I will be glad to learn

I cannot connect rc11 to AOG. Over serial (usb on teensy) it works, but it wil not work over UPD. Working over serial means I installed the right firmware (PCBsetup app) I think. Have a switch on my desk, connected to AOG PCB and RC11. AOG PCB is connected, RC11 stays red Can someone help me ?

Set the colour of the image in QGIS, export the image and use that in AOG.

Look here, it might help

Did you send the IP setting to rc11? The arrow on the left in the centre of the dialog.