(Variable) Rate control

They are used to communicate with the esp8266 module. If you are not using it those pins are not necessary.

Thank you.

Capture

I have added a Module Time indicator to the about form. If any pgns are received from the module the time in seconds will be shown. It should be less than 4 seconds. It is on github.

I don’t need the wifi code (Teensy firmware) or Windows Hotspot.

I’m using RCnano Firmware adapted for ESP32 do use UDPWifi.

My need is that in Networks dialog - Ethernet, all availiable LAN/WLANs are selectable, like in AGIO. So I should able to use RC with a wireless Router or Windows Mobile Hotspot.

Another try is to use Teensy or RCNano with wireless Router, to have the tablet “cable free”.

It is back in the latest release.

Have you been using the esp32? How is the range? Do you have an external antenna?

I’m using esp32 for section control over the last years without any connection problem. (All components mainly in the CAB, gps roof unit with AP)

What is providing the mobile hotspot?

They are on the same subnet? This looks like the same problem as Aidas.

I have the ESP8266 module working with a wireless router, but the range is very poor.

Are u going to work on the Weight(scale) code ?

If anyone is interested in it I can.

I just need a weight readout that i could see in all the rate control modes .
that readout should be visible in the unit per pulse calibration window too .
as i tested the scale function this year , the scale calibration and Tare (zeroing) was buged .
So if somebody wants the same features put a like on this comment - so the SK21 would see a demand

10 Likes

Yes sir count me in

As I like to make my life difficult, i tried to use IBT_2 insted of Cytron for running motor with built in encoder. I like compact format, existence of heatsink and 4x lower price as Cytron (In my part of the world) When L-R enable pin is connected to 5V, it does respond to section on-off, but rate stays steady, despite of simulator speed change.
Can someone give a hint, which digitalWrite or analogWrite line has to be edited to be compatible?

P.S. When encoder is supplied with 5v, optocoupler (4N33) just ruins the party. Connect pulse signal directly to arduino and response is 100%

If using the RCnano firmware the Motor.ino will need to be edited.

Speaking of RCnano,
I have a problem with my installation (motor) when the current upm exceeds the target upm, PWM falls to 0 and the motor stops. And we don’t want it to stop, just to slow down.
What am I missing?

Is it set for motor or valve?

Hi everyone,

I’m thinking about making a rate controller board with the ESP32 - I see there is code up on github, is there any reference schematic to go with it?

Untested, still in transit.

2 Likes

Very interesting, thank you!

that plug is ethernet or usb ?

Motor