(Variable) Rate control

Nice design.

Why not provide inputs for the switches?

If there is a Gerber file, I can test it. If there is an easyeda file. I can work on it.

What version of app and ino?

There is an ethernet connector and a usb connector.

Never thought of that. I use a separate switch pcb.

the last one , i download this morning .
It doesnā€™t stop completely, it stops and starts again, too quickly, so stop againā€¦
if I place the max pwm just below the necessary, it runs smoothly. I tried several PID settings, like P= 1,5,15,100,500,1000,2500,5000,7500, Tried to add under I and D, but without success. but the average weight coming out of the seeder is good! If I let it run with the couplings for a while, and in theory I must have 5kg of seed, I have them, but there is no way it will run smoothly.

A liitle video of the problem : https://youtube.com/shorts/FfkYUX3ln1w

How many counts per pulse? If there are a low number one pulse could be too much so it lowers the pwm. In your video it show 1361.3 upm applied and a target of 184.0, so it is trying to reduce the applied rate. The P setting should be lower, less than 10. Even under 1. Try 0.5 or 0.05.

Here is an example of P too high.
Psettings.zip (4.1 MB)

The gerbers are in the file. I only have Kicad.

Thanks for the problem path.
I changed the gear on the seeder so I could spin the engine faster. I tested a smaller proportional, around 0.005 and it works correctly. But for very small doses (rapeseed in this specific case) my motor still does not run fast enough compared to the number of pulses on my encoder, only 4 pulses. As soon as I go below 10rpm it becomes complicated. The good news is that the software works well, all I have to do is improve the hardware, with a more precise encoder to start, and if that is not enough the gear will be changed.

Did you try the calibration form?

Yes i do ! Very good stuff !
This afternoon i made a 8 pulse encoder , gonna try it tomorrow.

Hi all! I also have a problem, I read the whole thread and I donā€™t see anything similar to what I want to do
I would like to put a motor with a reducer directly on the old corn planter that has a chain distribution to the disk that rotates and takes the seeds, it has 6 sections and I would like all 6 to rotate with the same rotation speed
what would I need apart from the 6 enginesā€¦ just one cytron? what PCB? and what should be done if such a thing is possible

1 Like

you can not. You need 6 dosers. 1 per section, 1 citron per engine. otherwise one motor could run faster than another despite the identical PWM sent. you really need regulation by disk for this type of application

google translate is not exactly accurateā€¦it is a corn seed planter and I would like to put electric motors on it for much greater accuracy
and I can set the number of seeds per hectare 70k 75k something like that and with control rates depending on the speed of the tractor to turn the engines so as to plant that number of seeds

First, you need to determine which motors would suit your planter so that the motors can achieve the needed RPM.
Then you need to calculate the spacing between seeds based on your seed discs and match the speed for the wanted seed output.

an engine with 150-200rpm would be enough for me at a planting speed of 6-8km/h what is not clear to me is what I need, do I need 6 cytron? what RC PCB would I need, on the tractor I run PCB 4.1 All in one micro with UDP

You need only mosfet. For what cytron?

just that, I donā€™t know what is better, I was thinking of the cytron md20a

You should be able to get away with maybe 3 cytrons, currently as of my knowledge there is no code written for planters.
You should be able to connect 2 motors in parallel to one cytron, watch out for current ratings.