(Variable) Rate control

The esp8266 provides a web page for this. The access point name starts with “WifiRC”. Go to 192.168.4.1

How do we program it? Mine shows ai thinker on wifi name

To program the wifi module put a jumper cap on TX_CH340 and RX_ESP and a jumper cap on RX_CH340 and TX_ESP. Connect a usb cable to the connector near the wifi module. Use the firmware here: https://github.com/SK21/AOG_RC/tree/master/Modules/Wifi. When finished move the jumpers to RX_ESP/TX_Teensy and TX_ESP/RX_Teensy.

ESP8266 RC11

Used Adriano program to load wifi file, now I am trying to connect it so it can communicate with aog.

The ip is set to 192.168.4.1, aog is 192.168.5
I changed aog to 192.168.4 but the machine module does not turn green and will not operate relays on wifi.
Any ideas?

What network should be used on this page? Laptop hotspot? I will be using a iphone hotspot at same time on toughpad.

If using Wifi connection:
Use the laptop hotspot. Enter this on the web page provided by the ESP8266. Set the network for the rate app to this same hotspot network. Also the ESP-12 on-board antenna does not have good range. You may need to install the module in the cab rather than on the implement.

If using ethernet connection:
Use the same network as AGIO is using for your steering module. Set the network for the rate app to this network. You also have to send this to the rate module. You can use the large upload arrow at the bottom of the network dialog or the module will also recognize a network change from AGIO.

Making some progress on an RC11 install on a sprayer, had to reflash the Teensy as first time it didn’t work, wouldn’t connect over Ethernet and I noticed in @agriyields photos above his relay Led’s were lit when the PCB powered and mine weren’t so thought it maybe Teensy problem reloaded and it fired up!

Plug all into Ethernet switch with AIO PCB, changed network and icon changed green in rate app, is the Machine module meant to light up green in AgIO?

Had a quick play and the section control seems to work nicely, so Mondays job will be to wire it up to the sprayer!

1 Like

No the machine module icon won’t light up. Just the MOD icon on the app will turn green.

1 Like

It could easily, just need to reply to the AgIO Hello with machine numbers.

Then what, when an actual machine board is connected?

It could, although it doesn’t respond to the machine pgns.

Yes an actual machine board.

I have been trying everything I can think of in settings on pc and changing network numbers in ag rate app. Can not get wifi to operate, Ethernet works though.

I even got a wifi dongle and plugged it into the pc to receive a second WiFi which I connected the WiFiRC and it would show the address in aog but would not operate relays but showed up and down bytes

Did you move the jumper pins after programming the ESP?

I did. I am also curious how the wifi screen works, is the esp connecting to the that network entered on its own or do I need to manually connect the WiFi RC on computer? Or both?

The esp will connect to the network on its own when it is restarted.

CA-IS3722HS I couldn’t see this piece anywhere. Is it important? If it is important, I will order from China.

It is only needed if using Serial 4. Usually this is not connected.

ok. I couldn’t set up the other one’s card. I made a mistake somewhere and I couldn’t figure it out. I ordered Teensy pcb. I’m waiting to buy it from China. I hope I can install the Teensy card perfectly.

For the RC11 PCB, am I correct the Flow sensor signal must be 5v?

Anyone know if a Polmac sensor like this:

polmac-rds-sensor-30304399-334-p

Can run off a 5v supply?

At present it’s powered by 12v on the sprayer.

I cannot find any specs on the actual sensor or a datasheet on the manufacturers website.

For the RC11 pcb the signal is 5V.

1 Like