What type of rtk system should i get?

I have never done it. To enter in coordinates requires to know them first. I’ve read survey in takes over 24hrs. I would also need to make a permanent bracket to get it installed in correct place. Enter coordinates in u center. Another thing is I work full time. So I’m not always there. Sometimes it’s my 76 yr old Dad and not realistic. If you make multiple permanent bases and have on same radio frequencies, I would think that would confuse river if it listened to two at same time. With using one base and repeating the corrections. I would think would be the best setup IMHO. The repeaters could even be mobile. Just need within 5-8 miles.

I have also found if you do have to come back at a later date. Can slowly move base to get horizontal lined back up. Usually not off more than a few ft to start with.

agopen or ardusimple takes 24h to fully work? and why? with the auto steer, i can put the base station down, turn on the tractor and computer, takes about 5 minutes to connect and find its position then it’s good to go, The hour part is driving the tractor to parts of the field, measuring and then telling the computer to set it’s location as a point then it does some math using the points to create the field and row layout

No,
For the survey in mode you give the minimum time and absolute position precision you want.

You can have a mobile base ready to output in 5 minutes, it will just be off maybe a meter from the absolute position. Will still be as precise in relative position.

If you want more than 10hz GPS, the F9P is not what you want.
Ardusimple also have the septemtrino RTK3B, triband, up to 100hz I think. High end modules, I never used one.

1 Like

@Pat said it well. Can get RTK fix in 5 min or less after base setup. The lock of position can be off 1 meter. If starting field or project from scratch, no issue at all. Previous boundaries, positions that are used for project/ field will be offset up to 1 meter. The base needs to be corrected if that’s an issue. In my case, I’m driving around edge of field first, so I make a new boundary. No issues for me. Just need to finish field before shutting down base, or moving it.

1 Like

ok just what i thought, as for the rtk3b I didn’t see it on their site till now. def interested and might go with it however it’s very confusing what is needed to use it. like where do i get a base station for it and it looks like i need an antenna.

You buy 2 board with the antennas and 2 xlr radios unless you have internet and a broadcast from rtk2go within 50km of you and use ntrip.

Here’s mine. Buy xlr kit from ardusimple comes with everything. Not sure if they have a rtk3b kit.

yeah i was going to go with the xlr or lr till i saw the rtk3 but it just looks like a receiver and i dont know what it connects to

I would contact ardusimple. I have no experience with rtk3b. Not sure if you buy another 3b or 2b for base with xlr radio. They are very helpful. Only draw back is time zones.

Has anyone used an rtk3b receiver on a agopen gps rover steering system with a AIO board ? Can the teensy run the same as it does with the rtk2b receiver , direct replacemnt just more advanced?