Why we can't have "default" or "working" autosteer parameters for phidgets motor?

Hello,

I suppose that 80% of people here have phidgets motor (3269) and I’m not sure why we can’t have any default/working autosteer parameters for that motor?

Settings like Min PWM, Low PWM, Max PWM, and P?

That’s mostly motor-specific settings (except Min PWM which can be different from tractor to tractor because of how hard the steering wheel can be rotated)?

What settings do you use for phidgets 3269 motor, can you guys share here? Maybe we can find some optimal or universal working settings?

If you get enough posts, that will be the default. Good idea.

Yes, I hope everyone will share their settings so we can find the best ones. Even if someone thinks that he has the best settings, maybe someone else’s works better.

Right now, I’m pretty sure I’m so wrong with my settings but I just can’t find the perfect ones…

P: 120
MAX: 190
LOW: 100
MIN: 85

and comparing to a few images I found here on the forum and some videos on youtube, also compared with some pictures from telegram groups, it looks my settings are pretty high.

Also, another important thing is are you guys running the motor on 12V or 24V.

@BrianTee_Admin do you use phidgets 3269 motor? Can you share your settings?

P.S.
Change thread name or move to a more appropriate place if you think it will receive more replies that way.

1 Like

The motor may be the same, but the steering technique of the motor may be different (3D printed gear, wheel connected to the motor shaft, etc.) and won’t the large gear-small gear used change the torque? However, close values ​​can be used in common. Usually 24 V is used (90%)

Fendt 818 Com 3:
3D Printed Gear assembly, running on 12V with theses Settings:
P: 140
MAX: 250
LOW: 70
MIN: 50
Works good from low speeds, ca. 2kmh up to 20-25kmh.

@whiterose Yes, that also play a role… But also many of us here use some “universal” gear system and many of the available 3D printed gear systems here and on other forums have a kind of 1:5 ratio…

@Hansdampf thank you!

1 Like

It’s not that easy, major influence has also Count per Degree! I wonder why so high P Values are used ? In my opinion in range 35 to 50

And Count per Degree is affected by how long the “levers” on WAS are, right? CPD actually “correct” that if you rotate wheels 3 degrees and WAS is turned by 9 degrees (because the lever on WAS side is shorter), it’s not the same as if you steer 3 degrees and WAS is turned by 1 degree in case WAS has a longer lever, right?

But once we find a correct CPD, how that can affect steering, I don’t understand?

See How Counts Per Degree work and Steer settings Tutorial - Operations/Getting Started - AgOpenGPS

As I remember me correctly, It’s recomment to set CPD not to real value WAS angle for example -55 … 0 … 55° but instead of it use -25° … 0 … 25°, that means CPD is set lower. High CPD values makes respones faster but unstable, lower CPD smoother.

Maybe look at it this way.
AOG calculate angles in degrees.
If you set all your counts (4000 something I believe ) as cpd then your steering wheels should turn all the way to full lock as soon as AOG ask for just one degree.

Yes but this

your steering wheels should turn all the way to full lock as soon as AOG ask for just one degree

will not happen if you have the correct CPD value.

You need to measure your REAL steering wheel angle and then change the CPD value until AOG also read that exact value. That way when AOG ask for 1 degree, wheels will also go to exactly 1 degree.

Unfortunatly, theoretics does not work properly in pratical use there are obviously other influences …

Then what actually “Counts per Degree” means? I thought it’s how many counts (increments of ~0.0006V in readings) is actually one degree?

@BrianTee_Admin can you help here maybe?

You are absolutely right, that is how I have set mine. You can do some alternative adjustment by setting cpd different than real life, but I find that AOG have enough adjustable parameters, so I prefer cpd to match real life.

1 Like