You turn

Goody-Goody!!

1 Like

Thanks, and looking forward to trying out your next release!

Here is an update. It is a bit buggy. But need to test recorded path. You will have to set the PP lookahead pretty low to follow the tight curves in the recorded path. Much lower than the standard ABLine and U-turn. In the current version of AOG, record path allows you to resume. This function currently is not working in Micro2. If some of you want to try it out and let me know. Stanley U-turn has also been re-worked. Please try it as well.

Again, If running recorded path, set PP lookadhead low, if just doing ABLines, curves, and u-turn, set it a little higher. I can standardize it later. Just need to know if it works or not.

Edit: This was the wrong link. See the updated link below.

Thank you for your excellent work. :clap:
I’m away at the moment, but hope to test in a couple of days :slightly_smiling_face:

I managed to do a small test on the recorded path yesterday and it seemed to be managing to keep tighter to the path on turns than previously. I still have to experiment more with the settings as I was getting some oscillation on the straights with the PP look ahead too small, although even at 1.8m it wasn’t too bad on the bends.

I noticed that on the simulator it tracked much better if I reduced the antenna distance from the rear axle from my real world setting of 120cm to around 50, so I will try that on the mower.

Also on the simulator I noticed that the resume path from last position does actually work, but not tried it on the mower yet.

Stanley seemed to be very similar to PP in performance, which was good, but need to test more.

There is a ‘green’ area with AG Open written on it when opening a field which I can’t seem to get rid of!

Weather permitting I’ll try to get some more testing done soon.
Thanks again!

In simulator you should set antenna just above pivot point, up to 10 cm in front of the pivot point.

1 Like

Cheers for that!

If there is a green paint in the field that says agopen, that is the wrong program and explains why the recorded path resume works. That is the image planner branch. I must have compiled the wrong branch. I’ll fix.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Here you go. This link should be the Current Micro2

AGOPEN-Micro2-20220805.zip

1 Like

Thanks again!
Had a little play with it earlier, but had other issues with intermittent loss of usb connection on the gps , but from the time it was working I found it to be very good following the recorded path on the turns with both PP and Stanley. I think Stanley performed extremely well in my case, keeping within ~ 6cm during ~ 2m radius 180 degree turns at a moderate speed. Nice to see the red points on the path too.

I need to do more testing, but please let me know of any specific tests you would like me to try.
In my case the resume path would be useful to break off for grass collector emptying, but I know you mentioned that would be put right later.
Overall I would be more than happy to use micro2 as it is now, as far as the current steering abilities go. :star:

2 Likes

Well I know I uploaded the correct one this time.

Yes, that is a work in progress. I think I have a solution in my head, but it may not code as easy as I see it.

1 Like

Also, code wise, in recorded path, there is no difference in stanley and Pp. Stanley was committed out some time ago, ( not by me). So, if running recorded path, it doesn’t matter what you choose, it will still run pp. Abline, curve, and contour you still have the options. This might save you some aggravation of wondering why you can’t see any difference when changing the settings in stanley and testing on a recorded path.

1 Like

Today I tested a very tight and twisty recorded section as shown!
Even with PP Look Ahead at 1.1 it held onto the tight turns very well (using full lock on some turns), usually within 6 cm, provided I didn’t push too fast on the turns, but the speed was no less than I would manually take them. The steering wasn’t oscillating on the straights either.
Looking very good. :slight_smile:

Only tried AB line briefly and I did have some weaving, but would you expect me to have to increase PP Look Ahead on AB, and would AB line U turn use the extra U turn feature you added recently?

That looks and sounds good. Yes,ABLINE look ahead needs to be larger than the recorded path turn. Otherwise it will wiggle. Try the U-turn settings to 1.

1 Like

Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated.

Earlier you mentioned it was buggy at the moment, but so far I’ve only encountered one issue. After deleting a boundary and trying to add another, the field seemed to become corrupted and would crash AOG if I tried to open it again. I’ve not reproduced it yet, so it may have been a one off. I’ll let you know if it happens again!

The only other slight annoyance was with the recorded path approach path, where it often wanted to do a full 360 circle just before joining the recorded path even when the tractor is lined up ready. It’s not a deal breaker by any means, but if there’s a fence or something close by, it makes the start difficult.

Fantastic so far though! Thank you

Best solution to change boundaries is to change fields. Click the field button and close field and start with a new field. So much information based on the boundaries. Deleting it may not reset all the variables.

I’ve seen the start circle many times. Reminds me of a cow girl barrel race start. I think I can do a check if within ____ distance and heading is within _____ degrees, skip the lead up routine.

1 Like

Marvellous! Thanks again, I’ll report when I’ve done some more trials :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think I have recorded path resume and find close point working again, and it doesn’t build the wind up if less than 6 meters from the target point. I’ve a bit more testing to do but it is close.

1 Like

That was quick! Great work. :clap:
That will help my nerves a lot, as when there’s been bright sunshine and I couldn’t see the dots, I wasn’t sure where it was going to take me! :laughing:

I did quite a lot of recording yesterday, and playback. The software didn’t let me down, and I would say it’s accuracy and repeatability now have my trust and am moving closer to being able to be able to have an unmanned, but supervised mow of my grass, thanks to you and all the other previous contributors!

If I could just ask you about wanting the mower engine to stop once the path had been completed. I was thinking of using the machine control to achieve that, along with the geofence on output 8. Am I right in thinking that the true/false on the end of each recorded path file line is related to the section control? What responds to the true/false state on the machine controller and what sets the true/false state in the recording?

Thanks again for all your effort and help.