3D printer?

You need to print it with the opening at top

If you review your retraction settings, this will not cry, there are videos on youtube according to the brand of your printer.

Spend few hours on stringing settings and it worked good but now its back.

Back to testing then…

Hmm… so opening up and arrow on box pointing the plate.

Haha always fun testing something new. It has only be printing 19 hours haha.

Lets start again then.

Stringing can be reduced by increasing the retraction setting. But honestly it doesn’t look that bad to me for PETG, other than wasting 19 hours printing in the wrong orientation! You can easy remove the strings after printing.

Mine takes 24hrs for the whole box, 6 for the faceplate

Work in progress. Looks fine now but wait till finisch.

It would be better to rotate the print 90 degrees, so that it is aligned North-South instead of East-West. No need to re-start the print, but for next time.

The way the print is now, it is a big sail moving through the air. If you rotate the print then it will lose less heat, cooling down slower, it makes for a stronger and neater print. If you rotate the print then it also is not likely to wobble and break free, especially important when the print gets very tall.

I don’t think you would notice any difference on this case really, but it is a good general rule for printing tall skinny things.

Does the nozzle make a popping sound when printing? If so, that is water in the filament boiling. The steam will push filament out of the nozzle and cause stringing/spiders. PETG can absorb moisture more easily than other filaments. If you hear popping you can dry the filament different ways, I will let you google the best way for you.

3 Likes

No popping sounds. Next run i will try to change rotation. I think it will be ready in few hours

Me very happy. Thanks for the help all.

3 Likes

It’s pretty addicting to see something created out of nothing and fit together just right. So satisfying.

2 Likes

v1.zip (42.2 КБ)
Maybe someone needs. Housing cover micro, with holes for 3 LEDs.

3 Likes

My experience with petg filament. I bought 40 packs of prints. I am using nozzle 0.5. I almost never have a clogging problem. pullback is active. Z jump is active in layer transitions. Good puff point, good adhesion of the object to the sign, the first layer temperature is 90 to 100 degrees Celsius, then I continue printing at 80 degrees. I get standard quality prints at 245 degrees nozzle.

2 Likes

I’ve had more PETG failures from plastic sticking to my nozzle and forming a blob which falls off and often ruins the print. I guess I need to buy a silicone sock for my hot end. Good tip about heating up more for the first layer. I’ll try that. I’ve been having reasonable luck with 70C bed and 240C nozzle.

1 Like

Do you feel like the upgrade to the v2 Neo is worth it over the base Neo? I think I’m finally gonna go for it and get one and I’m trying to decide if it’s worth the extra 50 dollars.

Hi i just got the Sovol SV06, the setup was super easy, done in about 15min. it is direct drive extruder and prints TPU very nicely. And it costs about $250 US. I have printed the universal gear system and the prints turned out very nice.

2 Likes

i tried downloading this file but i cant open it as my computer says the file is empty

The archive contains a stl file. I just checked, it opens for me.

Artillery Sidewinder X2 (if you have the place for it as it’s HUUGE)
Heated bed works from AC → heats up super fast.
Direct drive.
Volcano nozzle
Silent stepper motors (I’m barely able to hear it during the night with closed door)

And it’s bed is big enough that the parts you can’t print probably don’t want to print anyways :slight_smile:

Could you send me the file through messages? I still cant open it. My computer says windows cant open folder because it is empty