AIO4.0 first start motor problem

Hi!
I have the AIO4.0 standard board with WAS, single GPS, RTK, Cytron, 12V motor, BNO085. Everythings seam to work but my motor dose not activate/start spinning when I engage autosteer. Also, I am receiving RTK but still GPS/RTK LED stay at red. According to the Wiki it should turn green.

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Your last picture of the aog screen show two possible faults.

1. Your level icon at bottom right is red. (If steer switch is set to “none” then just touch the icon)
  2. Your tractor is in reverse (AOG can be set to turn off autosteer when reversing)

You also have some boxes hidden on the lower row. Should be a picture of a steering wheel you need to press to activate autosteer.
Edit. My mistake its further up

Try settings like this, send and save, turn the wheels slightly to one side and click red tractor icon(4). It should start correcting the steering angle to the 0 degrees… or you can manualy choose the angle you want it to steer to with arrows next to tractor icon. Then post whats happening

• No need for creating an ab line for this

1 Like

If the covered area as shown in the picture, is done by steering manually, then your only problem is the program think you drive backwards. Solution is then to click/touch the tractor on screen, and direction will change to forward.

For single GPS red is OK. Green is for dual.

2 Likes

I see you have the cytron freewheel mod but I can’t tell if you have the plug wired to the main board itself and plugged into the cytron to get it to actually turn on.

I second what pat says about the red led.

2 Likes

Please show how the cytron is hooked to the board.

1 Like

Hi,
You have not connected the freewheel mod to the teensy (PIN number 3 in teensy to PIN NC in cytron) or to the PCB.

Your GPS module should be in the second slot near the Teensy

1 Like

Something like that

1 Like

Sometimes it happened to me that after selecting the “none” button, auto guidance did not work. (Maybe it was just me who felt like that :stuck_out_tongue: )

There was never a problem when the button was already changed to a physical one and the “button” option was selected

Then press the auto-guidance button (the gyroscope will change from red to yellow), press the red tractor, it will turn green and the engine should start. When you change the steering sensor setting, the motor should start running faster, slower and change the direction of rotation.

@Hobbyfarmer, @cowhound @Krisu Thank you!! You are correct, I see the problem now! I have the Cytron cable and can easily solder the four cables to the board and connect them to the connector. Whould you leave the 3 pins, marked with red, in place or remove them? Leaving them connected would create a small loop which should be bad from an EMC perspective but it would make it more robust from vibrations…

2 Likes

I would leave the pins in place at they help support the cytron as well. I cut all the redundant wires off the plug and then just solder the one I need to the board. You can see what I mean in a picture in the link I posted above. You might have to grind down the top of the pins with a Dremel so the plug will go in. I cut the tops of the pins shorter now before I solder them on.

2 Likes