All in One PCB

Found it!

Maybe stuppid but i still wonder how to connect the cytron. On pcb version 2 its simple but no clue how to do this on the mico board. Any pictures anyone?

2 Likes

Solder headers to the cytron and plop it into the middle of the board.

1 Like

Any link for the correct headers?

The 3 pin end are there pre drilled holes in the Cytron, doesn’t look to be?

And how to get 24V to the Cytron?

I see the 24V in screw terminal, but cannot see how this links to the Cytron?

I’m sorry, I misunderstood the question.

So need to get another cable into the 3D printed box to bring in an external 24V?

And need long header pins with a screw terminal on top to take the 24V+?

https://blog.d-l.io/archive/solder-half-holes-pcb-with-pin-headers/

2 Likes

Think i will use cable to put it in the headers on the pcb.

If I only use one FP9 board, do I need the right one or the left one?

1 Like

Use the right one. That’s where corrections are sent

2 Likes

If we use the 24V ‘in’ terminals do we need to solder the two contacts on the PCB near the Cytron?

Circled in blue below:

Solder the 12V jumper to use the PCBs main 12v power or solder the 24V jumper to use the “24V in” terminals. I think you can input any voltage compatible with the cytron.

1 Like

my plan is to use one of the Ampseal’s free pins (I’m not using CAN) to supply 24V (from 12/24V step up converter) through a wire straight to the cytron. so the step up converter’s output will be connected to the ampseal plug and from there with a wire to the cytron.

now my question is: how would you supply 12v to the step-up converter?

• there’s the +15v pin on the board which has the advantage of the capacitors and the diode built in but the current has to pass through some narrow PCB traces.
  • the other option I see is use directly (obviously with a 10A fuse) the 12v of the tractor’s battery as supply for the cytron. in this case there are neither capacitors nor diode but I could also avoid the narrow PCB traces.

I’m using the phidgets motor on 24v.

would be glad to hear some opinions on this. I want to be sure not to burn some PCB traces if the wheel motor is at full load…

But that is not obvious when looking at the PCB ?
It say Rover for the Left one.
To make it easier for people not familiar with Dual setup it could be better to name them (Dual Rover) by the Left, and (Moving Base)+(Single Rover) by the Right one

I would also power the Cytron directly. What amazes me is that all the power for the Cytron has to go through this tiny chip (ACS712ELCTR-05B-T) I have no idea if it does anything good or if it can be bypassed. Maybe someone with a clue can say something about it. I have Jake Hunter’s first Teensy PCB up and running. If there are very fast steering movements, the Teensy sometimes rebooted. I will try to make the supply of the Cytron as independent as possible. And will add a snubber.

1 Like

ACS 712 can check the current consomption of the motor and with AOG we can define a limit to stop autosteer

3 Likes

Where can we find this Auto_gps_teensy_v5_5 ?
Or the right .ino files for this board?

Support folder

5.6.2?