All in One PCB

Question again :slight_smile:

Steerpin, how to connect? On old board you had two connectors.

You connect to GND somewhere.
Best is the same GND spot as the AIO board :slight_smile:

1 Like

So steerpin switch/button to gnd

1 Like

Does the IMU need to be mounted in a correct direction, like 0 degrees? If so, could it be smart to have a bracket that the box attaches to? That way it’s easy to remove it if necessary, and get it back in exactly as it was before, even without tools… Just a thought!

I think the design looks good :slight_smile:

The IMU needs to be mounted with one axis parallel to the tractor’s front-back direction (as indicated by the arrow on the box) in order to determine roll properly. It also has to be mounted flat in order to determine heading properly. This is in the order of +/- few degrees I’d say; not in the decimal order.

I like the idea of a bracket for the box since on the cable side it’s already easy to connect/disconnect the box with Ampseal/Deutsch connectors.

Well, when I have mounted IMU’s onboard vessels we had to be within 0,1 degrees(calibrated in SW), but there was also longer “arms”. Not only the deviation. :slight_smile: By having 3 screw points, it would be easy to level a bracket. and then it’s possible to connect/reconnet the box and get the exact same position for the IMU every time :smiley:

Is vibrations or heat an issue?

i have received my order. A couple of smd capacitors are missing from the top. Can I replace this by soldering condenser at the bottom of the page?

Here is the description of the 3 LEDs on the board

1 Like

Use the 1000uF that are used on the original V2 board. Place them on the top, not the bottom

is this a substitute for the capacitors of c24, c24 smd?

C24, c25

The position that Jhmach circled are the through hole options for C24, C25. They are marked on the bottom but you should put them in through the top.

1 Like

which program can I open all in one pcb Gerber files?
to understand the connections and drawing
easyeda failed.

Download the backup.json files. You can import these files into EasyEDA

1 Like

For those who want avoid crimping wires, or don’t have the correct tool, the AMP connector can be bought pre-wired

3 Likes

To bad the teensy 4.1 is going out of stock almost everywhere :frowning:

Available directly from the manufacturer pjrc…:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Will check out

I just got a standard F9P AMPSEAL PCB from JLCPCB the other day. I installed teensy, but on the serial monitor ADC CONECTON failed! is displayed and cannot be recognized. When Bno085 is connected, the LED shines and it is recognized by the serial monitor. Since there is no recognition of ADC, it is displayed as aotosteer disable, gps only mod. I supplied 12v to 22pin, but nothing changed. None of the 3 LEDs on the PCB light up.
Am I missing something?

You need to solder in a jumper as marked. The PCB has a bug/glitch where the WAS I2C level shifters aren’t getting 3.3V reference. I’d recommend it from the back side. @kazu

2 Likes