All in One PCB

Does that adapter have any name on it? May need a driver install to recognize it. My properties show a Realtek usb GbE family controller in that connect using spot. It shows that name on the network connection also.

Look in your device manager to see if that connector shows up in your network adapters

Why, Gateway 192.168.1.3 ? Should be 192.168.1.1

Thatā€™s from one of my spare boards if that helps

Thanks
Any ideas what it does and how i can fix it

Looks like they are both diodes. Google search shows m4 is a 1n4004 diode and the other one is or can be a through mount 1n5401, but Iā€™d take off any expensive parts off that board before hacking that and powering up before checking voltages on module power points

If itā€™s just that trace burned you maybe can solder from one of the 12v tabs to those diodes where the trace was going to.

There doesnā€™t seem to be a through hole option for the smaller m4 component. :thinking:
Im not sure i can work out what trace has burnt out

If you have parts from the original board you could solder a 1n4004 diode from the 12v tab to the unburned side of that m4 and then sort out or replace that larger diode in the same way. Not sure if thatā€™s the best way and some of the other guys may have a better solution. Im just thinking a straight forward bypass of their location in order to restore their connections.

1 Like

From my board it looks like thatā€™s the 12v trace coming from the capacitor burned up between those components

Yeah i think your right

This is the diode and part number.

Here is a clip of the board without the copper layer so you can look at the traces

D6 is the diode that would need to be replaced with a through hole part to complete your trace I think

1 Like

So it took the tablet and cable to a computer shop, and he tested and had it talking thru the ethernet adapter, so ot works, it just wont communicate to agio for whatever stupid reason.

Yes it shows up.

Ok. It has to be that IP address then. Watch farmer Brianā€™s YouTube video on udp Ethernet setup for Aio. Itā€™s a year old and some things have advanced on agopen but thereā€™s lots of info in there on setup and the rabbit hole of Ethernet connection. Itā€™s fairly simple once you get it all talking. It took me a week to get it working on my setup bc I was trying to connect to a usb ā€œcomā€ port. Itā€™s a similar connection but totally different data transfer. If your tablet is finding the Ethernet adapter cable then it should be simple as getting the IP address correct. Thatā€™s where I had problems. My laptop was throwing a random IP address for my adapter cable. That ipv4 setting in Ethernet properties solved my problem. There is another place if you double click on unidentified Ethernet (your cable connection), go down to ip settings and go into edit. Itā€™ll give you a prompt to manually setup. Try that but it may not let you save it bc itā€™s not setup on the network side. Your subnet number (third set of numbers) needs to be the same but your host numbers (last numbers in the IP address) can be different as it all on the same subnet.

What does your agio show for you subnet address? If your running a 1 as that then youā€™ll need to change that on agio side to connect

Is your computer or tablet connected to wifi or internet? it shows 169.254.224.43 with 0 sent and 0 rec. all connections show down also.

Thatā€™s a shame. As above, i put an insulator with thermal grease on the heatsink (I did all of my own through seam components). Seems like a short. I know you ran your motor a bit during testing but maybe under load maybe itā€™s pulling more current than the board can handle? The trace and diode can be placed with a through hole component and wire, but Iā€™d check the expensive bits are still working before putting too much effort in. I have a teensy that is now a header soldering aid after I didnā€™t check a regulator and smoked it!

I am absolutely gutted.
Ive tested the f9p lights up, the bno085 lights up, the cytron powers up but the teensy no longer flashes orange but the red light comes on when i press the white button on top, could it be goosed or just lost its software.
Im not sure if rebuilding traces is possible for a chap like mešŸ¤” i think 2 components might need replacing to be safe but can only see through hole option for the one