Autosteer Single GPS+IMU+Panda

before this, the Kaupoi mod V4.1 pcb worked perfectly, but it was very rare that it froze, and it was a problem in reverse

Whatā€™s the SD card in there for? You donā€™t need that.

How long are the I2C wires? You really want the BNO on the PCB or with very short wires.

1 Like

the hex files from the panda library, and if you donā€™t have to, Iā€™ll take it out.
thereā€™s about 1.5-2 meters long between the bno and the PCB.

I

tried to give the PCB 12V again, after half an hour of use, he went crazy again, if heā€™s on the USB, itā€™s working fine.

If I were you, I would definitely solder them and make the cable length max 15-20 cm, or I would plug the BNO directly onto the pcb and try again with 12 volts.

1 Like

I would also shorten the I2C wires, with 12v connected check between the GND-5v with a multimeter and make sure itā€™s not more that 5.1v

2 Likes

iā€™ve got a solution, BNO is dead, and Iā€™m using CMPS with the same cable.

Hey, that would be great, if i use the same ā€œf9pā€ equipment for other purpose, a correcte GGA sentence seems ā€œuniversalā€ :slight_smile: Good idea

:+1: :laughing:

Hoping to get back into it soon. Thereā€™s not a huge advantage to using this with AOG, but for standalone operation and for my needs it will still be handy. Iā€™ll have to download and check out the latest Panda ino. For my purposes Iā€™d like to have a radio modem and a bluetooth adapter to bring in RTCM directly to the F9P, so I wonā€™t need any of the RTCM over udp code in Panda.

Well I use the 4G/LTE reciever from Ardusimple and it is quite a game changer, I just have to power the f9p+4G module https://fr.ardusimple.com/product/simplertk2b-v3-4g-ntrip-starter-kit/ and in the minute or two get the RTK Fix! so iā€™m not afraid to put it on equipment with experimented user. the price is not the cheapest bu the ease of use is amazing

1 Like

@Vili is that PANDA box public?

Is it possible because of the 2m cable to have incorrect roll(cmps14)? Or to have the data with delay?

Maybe 1-2 m using twisted shielded ethernet cable. it might work on a cable, but I wouldnā€™t risk it, as the cable gets longer it creates a capacitance effect and can distort the i2c signal frequency, if a long cable is to be used 2x PCA9615 or P82B715 can be used.

Use a cable with a maximum length of 40 cm for the I2C connection. I had a 60cm cable for BNO080 and it froze after a while. so I cut the management to less than half, and there have been no operational problems since.

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Thank you!

Is there a Digikey parts list for Panda?

1 Like

What board is that?

Anyone using the Teensy/panda with a motor driver? I like the all in one solution but I canā€™t afford CAN bus valves.