Beta Test of v4.6 - (Feature requests only please)

I would like to have keyboard shortcuts for A-B line creation. Press A then B and have a line, like bypassing the AB line tab and go straight to the line. Easier when in the field than touch a screen in a tractor environment.

2 Likes

Is it possible to create boundary later, based on applied area? I mean driving just around minimum one time and then klick button like generate boundary.

1 Like

Will it be implemented in this new version that a U-Turn could be made so that it travels along the headland contour? Would be exactly what is needed when spraying, where implements can be 36 metres or wider. In the previous version one of the U-Turn modes almost made this, but did not travel exactly on those permanent headland tracks.

5 Likes

Same request for me. :pray:

Same for me if possible :blush:

Is the data of the second GPS input already put through to AOG? Did you program this part already?

While we do the outside round, we also create the boundary. Works really well, no gap between mapped and boundary.

Not right away - but would sure be nice by spray season! It gets really close now, better then 4.3 especially if the field edge is consistent (straight).

But yes, nice feature

Nothing done with that yet at all. Butā€¦ since it is all udp in the inside of the computer an second application can be written to take care of autosteering the implement. ITs been a big debate about parsing nmea and where it should be done, in agio or aog.

On the long run I estimate more and more logic could go to AGIO? I guess something must be done in AGIO with the NMEA strings since AOG has to be able to decide is it tractor position or implement position.

1 Like

If implement steering is to be done in a second application, AOG must send out a copy of actual abline. And maybe roll, too.

yes, since it can do it at 1gb/s, no problem

AgIO only plays traffic cop. It sends the pgns from outside world to applications right now. But that could certainly change. Trying out a version that does the parsing and sends a parsed pgn of values needed like lat lon rollā€¦ etc

3 Likes

Hello,

On the current AOG version (and in 4.6 beta), donā€™t find the selection method between Pure Pursuit and Stanley very convenient:

Currently, the toggle swith is in the Stanley tab. I donā€™t find this particulary logical, it could also be placed in PP tab.
With the toggle swith, in field, Iā€™m always asking myself how itā€™s work: by example, when ā€œStanleyā€ is displayed in the switch, doestā€™it mean:

• Iā€™m currently in Stanley Mode ?
  • Iā€™m currently in PP mode and I have to click on the swith to toggle in Stanley

Some ideas to perhaps makes the things more clear:

• Move the toggle switch to the drive tab, and place it under a ligne call ā€œCurrently selected modeā€.
  • In the drive tab, under a line call ā€œDriving modeā€, put 2 buttons : one PP and one Stanley. The current selected mode has a background in green and the other in red. By example, if iā€™m in stanley, the stanley button is green and the PP button is red. When I select PP, itā€™ become green and stanley becomes red.
  • Some other idea ?

Also, perhaps to make thing more clear, when we are in PP, if we go to the stanley tab, we can had a message at the top on the stanley tab ā€œCurrently in PP mode, Standley parameter not relevantā€. The stanley parameter are steel displayed, but we cannot change them, by example left/righ arrow and scroll bar disabled.
And reverse for PP if we are in stanley mode.
Like this, if we are in PP mode, this avoid user to change stanley parameter (with are not relevant) and reverse.

I saw that you add a configurable filter on roll data. What kind of filter is it ? I think itā€™s a good idea to place a filter on roll in AOG. In my .INO for BNO, Iā€™have added a filter by meaning x roll value, to make the value send to AOG even smoother. But not tested in field for now.

Math

12 Likes

Trying to keep that window as small as possible to be able to drive and see as much as possible - Can try a couple other things.

1 Like

Hi,

I think for most beginners it is difficult to set the correct steering values.
This new function to adjust the counts per degree by measuring the wheel angle during driving a circle is very helpful.
I thought about some other helpful automatics.

1. Define minPWM. A way to find the minPWM is to go in manual drive mode, set Gain to 1 and set steer angle to 1Ā°. Than increase the minPWM till the steering wheel turns.
    A automated solution could be to have a start button where the motor controller is increasing the PWM for example 1PMW/sec. When the wheel angle sensor measures some change of angle this function stops and shows the minPWM to be set.

2. An other thing that I find difficult to adjust is the Gain value. Maybe it would be helpful to measure some wheel angle turn rate in a certain time to give some advise. So pushing a start button the system is steering from 0Ā° to 30Ā° and measures the time that is needed to reach 5Ā°, 15Ā° and 30Ā°.
    If there is a good reference time the gain could be adjusted to that.

Regards

2 Likes

But then you have hydraulics, some use the ibt, some use danfoss, all are different in the way they react. After doing the setup many times, i have yet to find a true shortcut or auto way to do a lot of those things that works for most. The drive in the circle for steer angle is a big help - and simple, works for everyone.

Settings are fiddly, but still pretty good results even though they all may be quite a ways off

7 Likes

I have many AGOPEN installations on my account on various tractors and the steer chart is the most helpful for me. One look at the graph curves and you know whatā€™s wrong. If I had to add something, it would be a graphical indicator of the current error. The scale of the graph adapts automatically and for beginners it can be confusing because with a small error they see bigger and bigger zigzags. For example, an additional bar indicator of the absolute value of the error would clearly show whether we are close to the correct settings.

2 Likes

I agree on the scale factor thing, until you realise the scale changes automatically, you can think you have a big error, when in fact its virtually 0!

Could side hill gain be in increments of 0.1 or 0.5 please? Often I am wanting more precision in the range 0.5 - 2