CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

Hello, Google traduction

For the guidance system to work, there are several conditions to respect:

• Validate the guidance
  • turn the wheel to the right or left to receive the frame 0x0CAC1C13
  • move forward with the tractor, otherwise no effect on the wheels
  • engage guidance, reception of frame 0x18EF1C13 (byte[0] 15 byte[1] 96 byte[2] 01)
  • Send frames 0x0CAD131C with curve in byte 0 and 1 and 253 in byte 2

You had to use X16G, pin 9 a 10 (WK-BUS) for steer

Stephane

Thanks, we did pretty much the same. The one I was in was the one with all the screens, command joystick, etc. The steer valve, I believe, is enabled on the arm and this brings up a screenshot full of options, one of which us a steer box you have to tick, and autosteer-engage button is beside it. As this one was steer equipped, there’s an auto-steer option on the monitor too that brings up your fields etc but I presume that wouldn’t be there unless unlocked.

So, it had all the toys, but no sign of the AC/AD drive codes. Full captures at the link above. Going to try a T.175 tmrw to see if thats any different.

on valtra T214 I think I have to found X11C connector

Hello,
I would like to equip a maxxum case from 2017 with agopengps. here are some photos of the steering solenoid valve and connectors.
Do you think I can do a canbus assembly?

I believe it is analog like ke this. Case IH Puma 230, autosteer ready

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to connect AgOpenGPS via CanBus on 2 Tractors which are not autosteer ready : New Holland TG285 (2003) and Claas (or Caterpillar) Challenger 55 (1998). I have the electrical schemas but can’t easily find if the steering and related hydraulic valves could be piloted via CanBus.
Has it been done already by some here (and if yes, how) ? Do you think it is feasible before I try looking into CAN data to find out ?
Thanks

if not ready for autoguiding = no valve
2003 and 1998 not canbus
But someone will confirm

Thanks for the reply. I can confirm both models have a CanBus (can be seen on their Electrical Schemas + I changed the CanBus terminators on one of them), but question is if it can pilot the steering and/or the valves directly. Thanks.

Have you hydraulic valve?

Yes on the TG285, there is hydraulic valves.
For the Challenger 55 it is another topic as it is a tracked tractor, so it needs to pilot the differential steering inputs to manage the tracks speed as the steering wheel does.
This is why I think, for both tractors, that just piloting steering inputs from the CanBus would be the simplest approach, to just mimic what the steering wheel does.

Do you have a picture of the steering valve on the TG so we can see if it’s CAN or not?

The Challenger tracked is added to the Teensy code and works on newer models, you can try on the old model and see what happens.

Below a clean picture of the Steering Pump + Valve and the hydraulic schema from the service manual of the TG285.

I can see that the steering valve is not controlled by any solenoid / controller, but by oil pressure and springs, so I guess we can deduct that it can’t be piloted by the CanBus (used in this tractor to manage communications with ECU for Transmission, Hitch, Remotes and PTO…but not steering).

Do you agree ?

if yes, then I will revert to a more classic steering motor solution, without CanBus.

I think you meant controlled by steering wheel. The double lines in the schematic represent the mechanical shaft that the steering wheel turns. You’ll have to add an electric valve in parallel with the hand pump.

1 Like

Yes thanks for the clarification on the meaning of the double line, so yes, direct steering wheel input on the valve. I will go on the AOG project with steering motor on this one. Thanks !

Hello @CommonRail

i have a Massey fergusson 7499. i have found the canbus for the valve and anglesensor.
the local mf dealer told me it maybe needed to be activated for autosteering?

do i need them to calibrate something before it will work ?
or is it just plough and play?

Plug it in and try if it doesn’t work investigate more. You’ll need to turn a factory switch on in the cabin to make the valve work.

@CommonRail seams not to work. i have a canbus reader. which canbud ID should i investigate?

Which PCB is best for my assembly. Could I use the armrest button to activate the GPS?

Have you got a AgOpen board connected? If so edit the code to send AD132C rather than AD131C.

The valve is thinking the steering controller ID is 2C, it’s normally 1C.

Two ways is to change the AgOpen code witch is much easier or change the valve parameters.

What board / code are you using?