CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

I had the exact same problem on a steyr terrus 6300 which is basically a t7.300. There’s a 30cm long cable on the right side of the front axle connecting the WAS with the wiring harness. That one could be either broken or has some other defect. In my case the resistance of that piece of cable was a little bit off and i always got a steering failure message on the pillar display. The mechanic that told me that said it’s a very common problem.

Thank you everyone for the excellent work here. I was able to get my 2011 Fendt 828 steering easily. However, I have a 2009 Fendt 933 (COM3, steering ready, autoguide) that doesn’t seem to work. The previous owner was using it with a Trimble system. When I push the button to enable autosteer, the led on the enable button flashes, but doesn’t go solid as I would expect.

Hi, Thanks i wil try that…

Struggling to get any GPS using the CANBUS for AIO sketch from the configomatic.
Is this sketch suitable for dual? Which baud would you select in the service menu?
Anyone sucessfully used V2.5 AIO using dual over Canbus?
Would there be a better sketch available?
Thanks

1 Like

Canbus code is for single I think, but also go into service tool and select option P for 460800

I see, I read a post in Steering a ‘22 MF 6718S over CANBUS thread which you edited to say dual was supported?

I have taken one F9P off of my AIO v2.5 board, added BNO, changed F9P config to single and uploaded the CANBUS for AIO sketch onto teensy.

Ethernet light is green, GPS light is flashing red.
Massey selected in service tool and “P”

Any idea what would cause this?

What’s it saying in serial output?

I don’t know 211, but there is usually a pretty good wiring diagram in the instruction manual, where you can see which plug k-bus is in, and isn’t there anything about the Fendt one having to be unlocked for other autosteering to work with AOG

Neighbour has a Deutz Fahr 7250 warrior tractor.
Built-in iMonitor that’s basically a Topcon monitor.
As far as I can tell the ISOBUS parts are unlocked, but no RTK or whatsoever.
Tried to sniff the CAN to see if any messages resemble any other brand but I’m either not on the right CAN bus or it’s indeed totally different. (Maybe the steering is not even via CAN?))

I did collect some data that I attach for anyone interested:
DeutzFahr7250_TractorBUS.zip (1.5 MB)

I did this from the standard diagnostic port located on the right side of the CAB.

Here was someone who did steer a new Deutz via CAN. Maybe he can help!

Hi! Did you how which connector used on the tractor ? DIg or ISOBUS?

Some Valtra progress for a while. Did some digging for the headland controls both for older Versu T4 and the new SmartTouch T4 (T5 probably works the same).

I’ll try and add those to the code this week after some testing.

I still couldn’t find valve bus on latest model Valtra, but I think it’s because needs 3rd-party steering unlock.

Yeah the smarttouch is tougher to crack, you probably need the unlock. Pre-smarttouch uses PVED-CLS but we tried to control valve directly on fast steer smart touch but no luck. Valve is OSPE but actuator is not PVED-CLS, has dual 4-pin Deutsch. My guess is some proprietary version of PVED-CL. Don’t have manuals for smarttouch, only older T4 Versu/Direct.

Gave this Deutz 7250 TTV another chance this afternoon.
While fiddling with the CAN cables I managed to get a PVED ALARM error out :slight_smile:
SPN: 520192 FMI: 13
So I guess there’s indeed a PVED there.
I was able to read the wheel angle using Brand = 1 in Tonys CAN code.
The PGN for that is: 0x0CAC1C13

However the factory engage buttons don’t seem to be appear on any of the CAN buses.
I did sniff the CAN buses for anyone interested :slight_smile:
DeutzFahr_bigConnector_CANSniff.zip (177.4 KB)

Maybe the factory Agrosky iTerminal (running Topcon) is the curlprit? (it has no GPS installed )

I’m steering a 6185 TTV over canbus with an AIO 4.1 board.
The armrest buttons aren’t activated without the factory fitted receiver.
You must have easysteer engaged for auto to work.

Oh, I need to check how to engage that easysteer. I’ve not seen any button/knob for it.

And I notice you use the other 2 pins. (I’ve seen WAS reading on 2 of the CAN buses as well.)

The one that looks like a steering wheel next to autosteer.

@CommonRail I have tried two New Holland from 2018 and 2020. they should both have CANBUS orbitrol.

i have tried with a canbus sniffer, but i am not able to find either the ID number for the Joystick activation or the valve (H and J) Behind the seat.

is there something in the HH menus you need to activate before it works? it seams like the valve and joystick is offline (standby)

any help appriciated.
Jeppe