CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

What is that terminal program called? I see real term.

I think that looks like you got it!!!

I will have to give it a shot, it looks pretty good. Plus I am getting tired of staring at my current terminal.

I won’t tell you if it’s good, I’ve been using it for 3 minutes. :joy:

2 Likes

Project Three - Steer the Massey Ferguson or Danfoss PVED-CL around the yard

Ok, this project is for the Massey Ferguson system. When Massey Ferguson sell a steer ready tractor they use a standard Danfoss PVED-CL steering system, then you can use the Massey branded navigation software or any other 3rd party navigation to send the curve commands Via CAN-BUS.

Step One:
Load the Massey Ferguson navigation program onto the Arduino Uno, with CAN-BUS shield, with a pot connected to A0, and a switch connected to A1-GND.

Step Two:
Load the “show all CAN messages” program onto a second Arduino UNO with a CAN-BUS shield.

Step Three:
Add the CAN wires so you have a setup like this picture, then open the serial monitor on each arduino to test. All this can be done and tested on the bench before needing a tractor.

Step Four
When all the above steps (one to three) work on the bench, Load the “Massey CAN DisplayAC” program onto the second Arduino UNO with a CAN-BUS shield. Watch this video below and its time for a test in the Yard.

Massey Test Programs.zip.txt (320.6 KB)

9 Likes

OMG, I already ordered the shields from China (40 days :unamused:), I can’t wait to test it on my tractor.
You are the best! :metal:

3 Likes

Yep Ali is awesome but slow

Got it working on the 724 exactly as you said it would work @CommonRail . Absolutely brilliant. Such a great topic.

8 Likes

God damn I wish I had access to an autosteer ready machine right now.
Might see if I can steal the neighbour’s machine for a week…

4 Likes

I don’t have a Fendt either, but I know who I can test with. Now it’s time to integrate the code with ino AGOPEN?

That is what I’m looking at now.

1 Like

In the autosteer ino , how to disengage ? can we read something on CAN to know we are manually steering ?

Perfect, I have a rough simple ino I used to test. Perfect on a Massey setup I can share if you want?

With the Fendt without thinking too much you’ll need to use the Kbus or ISO bus to engage steering from joystick, disengage can be done with only the valve bus.

I suppose the A1 input could be replaced with steer enable from AOG and does it actually matter if AOG doesn’t know steer on the tractor has been disabled?

Steer on and off being by the AOG manual on screen steer switch?

This is what a had for a quick test on more of a Massey Ferguson setup, will just have to change the CAN filters and how it reads / sends the Fendt message and re-gig my green LED part.

Cutting out on Fendt I think will come from the normal message, think the Fendt numbers drop to zero when stopped. You really want it to auto stop AGO steering (to reset steering commands) then just use button engage

To replace the engage button and do it from the Joystick, Will have to add a second K-Bus or ISO-Bus.

Massey_AC_Demo_Tractor_Simulator.ino (2.5 KB)

You will need to download the BN08x files Math shared on the BN08x and make a folder like this picture to use this code (don’t need a BN08x connected tho):

Autosteer_USB_4.3.10_BN08x_CAN_Massey_Example.ino (27.6 KB)

CAN.ino Folder

Video - Demo AGO Navigation Control

5 Likes

do you know how to access to the steering wheel sensor on Fendt ?

Two places I’ve found it:

1. On the ISO-Bus as a standard AC / PGN 44032 like the Massey Ferguson (must turn on ISO-Bus on the tractor screen)
  2. Or if you make a navigation controller on the valve bus, it’s all there coming from the Fendt steering controller (as per project two)

You can steal my JCB Fastrac Charles !

( wish you were more local :worried:)

2 Likes

This is very interesting but
Somebody know if this works with a steer ready valtra tractor ?