CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

@RGM
I have been attempting to get the fastrac to engage/ disengage via the joystick but no joy. The steering works fine , WAS is fine.
Does your fastrac have a menu for trimble/CAN and addresses for front and rear steering ? Are these important and where have you these set ?
I did at one point get a message on the fastrac screen when i pressed the joystick button saying supersteer needed to be engaged, even though it was .
I have NONE selected but i’ve tried BUTTON and SWITCH
I’m out of ideas at the moment.

You probably need scan messages send by Burton to modify ino with thé good message

you dont have to do any more than set the joystick button to engage. I have just looked through the teensy ino and it looks like the message is not in it for some reason. I have added this to Tonys latest teensy ino on github but not tested on a machine. give it a try.
Autosteer_AOGv5_Teensy4.1UDP_SteerReadyCAN.zip (35.7 KB)

Ah, mystery solved - thank you for that. I’ll report back

With lots of help from Tony I managed to get Agopengps working over can on our Claas Axion (A40) last year. I’m using the nano code from Tony’s github. The steering is working really well and is engaging with the button on the arm rest but i have never managed to get the steering to disengage when i turn the steering wheel. Any ideas what i need to do to get this to work? What settings do i need to use in Agopengps for this?

That’s a bit strange. When you turn the wheel does the valve stop steering but AOG doesn’t change its state to disengaged?

No. The tractor keeps steering whatever I do with the wheel. I currently disengage with the button.

Ok, It sounds like the valve is not listening to the sasa(override sensor). I suspect the parameter in the valve is not set correctly. Has your tractor ever had a claas gps connected?

1 Like

Yes it has, and the cutout was working correctly then. However, I had to change the address of the valve from 1C to 1E to get it to work with Agopengps. Could that have caused the problem?

@RGM @PeterSwell and everyone else asking. I have updated standard verison of Teensy CAN code used on the orignal @CommonRail CAN PCB to work with the new features in v5.6.

Setting IP address via AgIO, module scan, green / red steering icon etc.

Also added updated some Claas & JCB bits from @RGM (I lost track of everything, but got most of it I think) and fixed the CMPS14 data error that @PeterSwell found.

If you find any missed bits or problems let me know.

https://github.com/MechanicTony/AOG_CAN_Teensy4.1/tree/main/Autosteer_AOGv5_Teensy4.1UDP_SteerReadyCAN

2 Likes

Hello, how do you connect the 6 pins for etherner on Teensy to the PCB ?
The 6 pin Header 2mm are shorter than the 2.54mm :sweat_smile:

Hello, while searching, I found an extender, you should find the reference on digikey or lcsc : Extended Header and Socket Set 2x3 2mm - ProtoSupplies

Hey all, i recently bought a Can transceiver like this one ( SN65HVD230 )

But i now se that it doesn’t use the same ‘INT’ and ‘CS’ for communication between teensy and trans, and instead uses ‘CTX’ and ‘CRX’. Can a trans. like this be used and if so has anyone made an ino. for it?
I am hoping to use it with the panda board, for a NH machine.

INT, CS etc is for SPI communication used with the UNO/Nano and CAN shields.

Teensy and other controllers with CAN built in don’t use SPI. They use basic transceivers with a rx/tx line.

The transceivers you have should work but they are only 3.3v so don’t drive the CAN as a dual 3.3v/5v transceiver will.

There is code to make it work, the Panda version CAN code still needs updating. If using a Panda board you won’t have isolated steer or work switch inputs.

Ah okay, just havent found the code yet then. How come i cant get steer and works switch. Can i not attach the trans. to the teensy on panda pcb?

A few posts up (post 850) there is a link.

Oh sh. Sorry i thougth i had seen i all! thx

Hi Tony
You might remember helping me to fix up my JCB to use the can with an UNO and your code a while back, and it steers very well. Just wondering if I can fix up the work switch ( I have a reed switch on the arms as I use a mounted drill ) on a pin on the uno or does the code not work with one ?
Thanks

The work switch should just be standard AgOpen. Connect your work switch between D7 & GND I’m pretty sure

Thank you, I’ll give it a go.