CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

I spent some time trying to figure out how that works never could quite determine what the message was. Seemed like there was back and forth between the monitor, the armrest controller, and the SSU to coordinate things. It’s possible the switch message is on the tractor bus, and goes to the SSU over that bus, and then the SSU communicates it back to autotrac over the implement bus. Not really sure.

Might be simplest to find a way to use the switch directly.

so it could be an alternative option to connect the machine control relay, with cable to an itec button? and connect the steer enable button to aog in the same way.
can i connect to 5v like this?

How do I select the tractor make?
I changed line 44 and added 2 because I’ve a case.

You do not have to change the ino file, but after finishing programming teensy, you must open the serial monitor in the IDE program and when it is running type a capital S and press enter and then key 2 and press enter for CNH and the same procedure if you use Panda , type small p for panda with 115000 baud and big P for 460000 baud

3 Likes

1 Like

Thanks,that makes sense.:+1:

1 Like

I’ve no steering error code on the tractor now,somehow no GPS.
Can someone point me to an idiots guide to sorting this.

If you use Panda, you must have the same speed on teensy and uart 1 on F9P, preferably a picture of your setup and how the different parts are programmed

I’ve been told to use U-centre and config the files but I’m struggling how to do it.

F9P firmware update and config files firmware UBX_F9_100_HPG132.df73486d99374142f3aabf79b7178f48 and config files 1.32 SingleAntennaRover this files are in support files

hi all ,just read the whole thread :exploding_head: :exploding_head:
have agopn set up on a non steer ready tractor (mf7480)
just wondering how involved it would be to get CAN info from the lift/lower switch and the electric spool valves to work the coverage in agopen

1 Like

Probably (in fact, not probably at all) THE best thread there has ever been on this forum.

Informative, developmental, inspiring and exciting to be involved with.

AGCO stuff seems to be fairly accessible so IF the messages have been found then probably fairly easy. Unfortunately I’ve only worked with Fendt so not much help!

1 Like

Just out of my pay grade unfortunatly🤦‍♂️unless it was reasonably farmer friendly

I cant argue with that tho👍

Why not using the analog output of the ISO 11786 signal port?
Works fine for me by now.

4 Likes

Sorry i dont have that small iso port

to find the messages you can use this I think(I never used it):
Press the button 3 times and you have his adress.
I should work to see moving scv?

it’s @buched? I saw this on telegram.

I followed the link did as instructed but for some reason it still doesn’t work.

Should the baud rates all be the same?

That scanner code can’t be ran on the Teensy at the same time as AOG - it’s one or the other. Just use the Arduino IDE while you have the scan sketch loaded and monitor through that.