CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

Option 1:
Plug a micro usb into the Teensy and the cut and solder the cable to the PCB

Option 2:
Use some pogo pins (spring loaded pins) in the two holes on the PCB under the Teensy USB, then these pin press up onto the usb pads under the Teensy4.1

2 Likes

Part A033

[NZ$ 0.63 10% Off | 1PCS High Current Spring Loaded Pogo Pin Male Female Connector Power Heavy Current Battery Connector POGOPIN Header Charge 17-36 1Pcs Hoge Stroom Verende Pogo Pin Man Vrouw Connector Power Zware Huidige Batterij Connector Pogopin Header Lading 17 36|Connectoren| - AliExpress](NZ$ 0.63 10% Off | 1PCS High Current Spring Loaded Pogo Pin Male Female Connector Power Heavy Current Battery Connector POGOPIN Header Charge 17-36 1Pcs Hoge Stroom Verende Pogo Pin Man Vrouw Connector Power Zware Huidige Batterij Connector Pogopin Header Lading 17 36|Connectoren| - AliExpress)

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my CAN Board. The computer does not recognize that the ethernet is connected.
Did someone have the same issue all help will be great.
It shows the following message, but the cable is connected.
Ethernet cable is not connected - Who cares we will start ethernet anyway.

I am using a different ethernet connector with the same pinout. Is it a possible problem?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

So, some progress with my PVED-CLS integration:

Now the Valtra is steering with ISOBUS commands with a retrofit steering unit. The Deutsch connector on the side panel is the steering bus. Should take the AOG Valtra can setup directly. PVED-CLS controller and OSPE steering orbitrol, same stuff should work with EHi valve as well (is a lot easier to retrofit). Homemade steering ECU inside the console:

Next just hook up the AOG can PCB or I guess you can also use the all in one with Tony’s ino?

EDIT: Seems to be working with AIO PCB as well, some minor edits needed to the serial port numbers but that’s it.

3 Likes

There’s some code for AIO canbus on my repo, if that’s of any use ?

Ethernet of the PC works? Tried it with your home network? Already checked the cable?

Checked everything. It works with other ethernet boards that I have. The only difference is the ethernet connector. I ordered one, hope that it is the problem. Thanks

You need to use the same connector as in the BOM - I tried using one spare from AIO and it didn’t work. The right ones worked just fine.

Teensy output always gives the “who cares” message, don’t worry about that.

You can get rj45 connectors both with and without integrated magnetics.
If you have it without magnetics then the magnetics must be on the board (I suppose AIO have that)
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=APwXEddQewg4JigAEk_sEeFm2SEuOummaw:1681202622896&q=Do+you+need+Ethernet+magnetics%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi96Ifpt6H-AhVgSfEDHZq_AsEQzmd6BAgfEAY&biw=1536&bih=722&dpr=1.25

1 Like

Hello I have a T6.180 with CAN steering. Connected the Teensy PCB, uploaded Tony’s version from 3/5/2023, set 2 for CNH in the serial monitor. Work with By Nav and Teensy via UDP, GPS works, Teensy is also recognized, tractor is displayed in red on the bottom right. However, I don’t get the correct steering angle displayed. When CAN Bus is connected, -50 degrees is constantly displayed and does not change. If CAN Bus is disconnected from the board, 0 degrees is displayed. Where is my problem then?
Thanks

Can I steer “steer ready” valtra T4 with AIO 4.1? It has only one CAN so I would plug WAS to ampseal and make my own buttons for it?

Yes you should be able to - WAS and steer angle are on same bus.

if you use canbus to the EDT3 connector, you don’t need to plug anything else. The WAS, steeringvalve and autoguide buttons are already in the bus. :slight_smile:

Does enyone know what is the name of that EDT socket, so I could order the right one.

https://www.elfa.se/sv/crimphoelje-uttag-poler-svart-amphenol-industrial-ahd17-1939s/p/30236713 this is one without a nut.

Thanks!! Do you whitch pins are the right ones?

Hello, I was wondering something, what is the difference between CAN 2.0B and J1939?

Not sure it’s always the case with H/J, but so far I’ve found steering consistently on C/D.

Hello,

I have a Fendt 716 vario TMS 2011, after connecting the wires to the K-BUS tractor shows a message on the display that there is a CAN communication error.

I am using a 100-ohm resistor, not a 120-ohm. Can that be a possible error?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Don’t use any resistor. The bus is already terminated. You are just adding stub which shouldn’t be terminated.

1 Like