CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

No problem for the help, that is what this community is about.

As for the NH T7, from machines I have seen it depends what valve is fitted. Some are the danfoss pved-cls and some are just a simple left/right pwm valve. If it is the pwm valve then no chance to steer via canbus but you can use the cytron and drive the pwm valve directly.
If you have a T7 with pved-cls then it can be steered via canbus. I have herd some late model CNH machine need an activation for third party steering but I’m not sure what models/years.
Best would be to post some more details about the tractor with pictures of the steering valve fitted.

@RGM
I am not sure if it is an error. But if steering wheel are straight forward. Below 0,5 degree. I can let it turn left and right. Manually override with the steering wheel. Need to turn wheels back to below 0,5 degree before i can activate again. Then I can let it steer left and right again.

is that a saftey in the valve of the massey fergusson? I’m afraid that is forbidden by the valve to ignore our command angle.

Video.zip (8.4 MB)

The wheels don’t need to be straight to engage. There is a safety time out if disengaged for more than 10 seconds without manual movement of the steering wheel then the valve doesn’t accept the intend to steer message. Just need to wrigle the steering wheel and then engage within this time. I think this may be what you are experiencing.

@RGM
that i also have experience. but seams like my angle sensor value is jumping x,3 to x,5. but if it get more stable in the reading i can activate in any angle. is it possible in the software to slow down the reading speed of the angle sensor - make sense?

i maybe have a solution to unlock without paying to the NH. i let you know

Make me think, it cut off because it is the diff lock info?
What happen if you change diff lock settings in tractor computer?

After more test

seams like my angle sensor value is jumping x,2 to x,5. but if it get more stable in the reading i can activate in any angle. is it possible in the software to slow down the reading speed of the angle sensor - make sense?

I can activate at any angle, and i dont need to put The wheel straight forward
@Larsvest

I do not know cnh software, so not able to tell what to change.
But it seems you did something to stabilise readings, what was that?

@Larsvest i just need to wait 2-5 sek or turn the steering wheel to another position where the reading are more stable. then no problem

I still have problems with a mf 7S 165. All works well can activate valve, then WAS value visible in aog. We can drive and it steers great. But out of no where it disengage. The disengage is random. 5 min drive no problem. Then try engage does work but within 5 sec disengage. Press again and 10 min drive with out disengage.

I was using 4.1 all in one.

Going to try @CommonRail board. Maybe its something in 4.1 ino ??

When can sniffing i can see nothing strange.
But that could be me.

Hello
I have a Fendt tractor that is factory pre-wired and I would like to control it with the v4.1 std motherboard via canbus. help me how can i do this ? how do i start ?

1 Like

@Larsvest have you tried a new holland T7 from 2020 ?

do you know if it will need an unlock?
which ino did you use ?

@CommonRail - https://github.com/MechanicTony/AOG_CAN_Uno_Nano/tree/main/Case_NewHolland
will this ino work og do you recomend to use another?

No I have only worked on cnh t6 175, with analog autosteer ready system.
But why is your WAS unstable only around center, and not when you turn wheels a little from straight ahead?
I assume WAS must ba a hall sensor type, so one issue could be loose mounting, so it can vibrate when at centre. I suppose it is same type sensor as on t6, which is built into king pin.
It is a sensor that have 3 pins stuck down into a connector(and holding the sensor body) inside kingpin. As far as I remember, the moving part is at top of sensor, check for play at the top!

it seams to be unstable in all positions, and i need to wait 2-5 sek to let it be more stable. Sometimes as you can see in the video i need to turn the steering wheel a little to another position, then it gets more stable.

your right maybe it is a faulty angle sensor. you can see in the above video, that the angle sensor value is vibrating a lot.

Styring.zip (6.6 MB)

I don’t know that program, but as far as I can see, the wheel angle is all over the place. So check all connections as well.

i am not sure what a stable angle sensor value should be?

it changes from 8,17-8,56 ish.

when it changes more i tell the system to go left or right

Turn on CANBUS message output in service tool, see what it says? Should give code/reason for disconnect

Depends on age of tractor - if new FendtOne system, needs 3rd party steering unlock. If older model with the 4 buses labelled in fuse panel, should be good. Start reading from top of this thread.

Hello
I ran into a problem uploading the code to the uno. (Autosteer_USB_v5_Fendt_CANBUS_ArduinoUNO)
error message: Compilation error: ‘TCCR2B’ was not declared in this scope

What could be the problem ?

Make sure correct board is picked in the IDE, and you are on the main sketch when you select compile/upload.

1 Like