CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

Where did you connect to the Lindner? Checked the OBD-Port behind the seat, it carries the J1939 bus, but nothing steer-related.

Vehicle : Lindner Lintrac 130
Plug : to the right of the seat
CAN Configuraton : 250 kBaud, J1939, ExtendedID(29-bit)
CAN Messages
From Wheel Angle : 0x0CACF013
To Steering Valve : 0x0CAD13F0
From Engage Button : 0x0CEFF021

Hello @CommonRail for John Deere steer ready and other OEM that need unlock to do steer ready. i have solved the mystery. John deere are with some models using the Danfoss PVED valve.

the valve, the angle sensor and sasa sensor is connected to the controller.
it is possible to bypass the oem unlock by connecting directly to the OSPE controller.

have a great day.

1 Like

but do you use CAN BUS? Or do you connect each thing separately to AOG like we currently do?

Yes that is possible, we do it just like that sometimes by changing the parameters in the PVED-CL controller and say ā€œhey listen to me not themā€.

I havenā€™t seen this valve on JD tho and newer Agco brands also dont use this controller so this setup is very limited

Hey Everyone
Ive got a S4 Fendt 924 here trying to do a canbus gps system running all off of teensy panda system with the 3 canbus lines
i have it so its all connected in ag io but cant get it to steer it seems as though the K bus line is sometimes working as the bottom right goes yellow when it is press but sometimes it doesnt if i plug in an arduino with the steering code on that i can steer the tractor if i select the arduino on the steering wheel in ag io along side with the teensy panda setup.
i am using 3 SN65HVD230 can transceivers
can reader on output to v bus doesnt seem to have any activity
there is k bus and iso bus messages.
sorry if this is confusing to try to understand
Thanks

Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately, I donā€™t have that connector there. Guess it has to be a normal motor

Hi all,

iā€™ve read here somewhere that someone had been unplugging a armrest from the CAN Network of a Fendt S4, and was able to find all adresses this way.

Now i have a forward/reverse shuttle switch, not installed in the tractor (a loose component) that works with canbus (fendt 200) . When i connect it to 12v and CanH and CanL with my arduino UNO/MCP2515 module, iā€™m unable to get any addresses out of it. When i use the same module in the tractor itself, no problems. (working at 500kbps) , i get all the CAN addresses.

Do i need to do something next to that? I thought this should work ?
Oh, i did try to put the 120Ohm resistor on and off. same result.
This is the module,

the brown connector has 12VDC (red and orange) , Green CAN L , Yellow CAN H, and GND. these are confirmed in the electrical circuit diagram.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello everyone, I have already try Agopengps on ā€œoldā€ tractor but today i would like to steer an McCormick X7 660 steer ready. I reed @Valen.Stein has do it, can i have more informations like material and firmware needed, place and pinout of the original tractor connector needed to use?

Thanks

Yes, of course!:smiley:

Iā€™m steering our 2021 X7.440 via Canbus since 2022 and it works without a single doubt!:ok_hand:

Which year is the X7 you want to connect to?

I connected the system to the original Topcon antenna harness which unfortunately is located on the roof (so some longer cables to the steering board inside of the cab required).
There Are two 12 Pin Deutsch DT connectors on that roof harness which have dust caps on them when no antenna is installed. The one which is nearly fully populated is the connector you need. The other one is just for some Topcon specific serial communication.

The main connector is called ā€œEC 27/1ā€ and does have all we need in it:

• switched 12v power
  • steering Canbus (V-Bus)
  • ISOBUS

I made a small harness with a Ethernet cable for the two Canbus pairs and some wire for the 12v to power the board.

I used Tonyā€™s Canbus PCB and also connected the main Tractor Canbus from the Diagnostic Port behind the seat as third Canbus network to be able to use the main ā€œautosteer engageā€ button as well as the ā€œheadlandā€ button on the armrest handle for steering activation.

Therefore I did some changes to the Teensy code to work with the Mccormick Canbus.
Unfortunately I donā€™t have Github but hereā€™s the code with a ready made .hex file to put on via "Configomatic":sweat_smile:

Mccormick X7 Canbus Code with Engage over HMS Button

I use the system with single F9P + BNO

For the antenna I built a bracket that fits the original triangular Antenna mount on the roof.

The box with the Canbus PCB including the BNO is on the right side of the seat on the cab floor basically under the Armrest.

If youā€™ve got any questions feel free to ask!:+1:

4 Likes

Hello, Im testing with a New Holland T7 245 autocommand autosteer ready from 2020. Iā€™m using Puma Tester to check procedure. Arduino CAN-BUS board connected to green connector behind seat, it receives data correctly. Dealer has activated system (HH menus). So my problem is that nothing happens. Steer wheels doesnt move when I connect the arduino. I recive correctly data. Screen that appears when I press console button to enable autosteer is this:

Does anyone have a clue what I can do? Thanks.

I have done same process in a CASE quite simmilar and it works perfectly , So may be a difference in PGN for commanding steer between CASE and NH.
May be like put ISO CaseIH, New Holland (AA / 170 Navagation Controller, 08/08 Steering Controller) is not correct and correct is Standard Danfoss ISO 1C / 28 Navagation Controller, 13/19 Steering Controller ? Im not sure, because clearly answer from tractor was 0x0cacaa08.

Note: Of course Iā€™m moving forward, and HH menus, channel 1 and 2 are activated.

Tried a challenger MT765A today.

But Iā€™m unable to locate a steering valveā€¦

Software seems to be there.
I found 2 can connector and a 3rd I couldnā€™t sniff.
Hydraulic lockout we tried both engaged and disabled.
We did the sniffing while driving over 3km/h.

What shall be checked?

I saved the can communications:
MT765_2buses.zip (11.7 KB)
Not sure what else should be checked to see the valve.

The rear ISOBUS connector and this internal ā€œdongleā€ on the right side produces the same CAN messages.

Hello,

Iā€™m preparing one of my Valtras for Agopengps. According to a mechanic I spoke to I should be able to get a value for the wheel angle over canbus. Iā€™m not familiar with this and wonder if someone has done this before on Valtra and could give me some tips or advice?

Cat challenger MT765A
Itā€™s on the engine bus ending under buddy seat and you have to send the right message id so it talks with you. I found it as well on the right side in a DT3 but some guide calls for DT4
PCB should be on switched circuit (isobus connector is good for this)
Check for translator modul and version.
3rd party steering enabled in menu
Machine type 9

Lockout switch if enabled youā€™ll only get the steering status change for a second but no steering.

Angle is shown when moving.

I did my measurement from the middle of the track where the plastic side pieces meet. Antenna is on the hoods metal grill.

Iā€™ll check the factory guidance switch maybe we could install one and engage over that.

Hi, Iā€™m trying to steer a New holland T7 245 Autocommand autosteer ready (2020). I have experience with same project with Fendt and CASE, but now with NH im struggled. In this tractor appears this option in Intelliview IV screen when I press the console button ( to enable autosteering)
SteerIso
Has anybody a clue to make it works? Thank you.

Pop open the fuse cover - 3 J1939 diagnostic sockets? Try each in turn.

Thank you for your reply. Iā€™m still new to Canbus. Could you explain more what you mean?

Did you have any success steering 760 via canbus?

I have built the canpcb from tony. Unfortunately, I encountered a problem when setting it up.

I have agopengps v5.7.2, AgIO v5.7 and savvyCan open on my laptop.

i can activate steering in ago, but the tractor (massey ferguson 7624 steer ready) only steers to the center (can be seen in the video) when steering manually ago is deactivated. However, the red tractor at the bottom right in ago does not change direction.

at the end you can see the canMSG CAC1C13 (second row) in savvyCan, which contains the steering angle sensor and the status of the valve. I can read out the status correctly (0 for steering, 16 for steer ready, 20 for steering and 32 or 80). Unfortunately, the bytes 0 and 1 always have the same value (this should be the steering angle, if I have understood the teensy code correctly).

I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

You did change the serial menu and set it to MF?