COM ports, AutoSteer configuration problems

agree but since V4 AD1115 is necessary

this file is too old 2019/01/06 23:45

sorry you need to purcharse this I2C component to go forward

I have that convertor, but first of all Thank you for your effort to help me! I’ll mount it tomorrow and tell here, so you can see when you check messages. Greetings :slight_smile:

your welcome!
farmer helping Farmer !!

1 Like

I’ve completed autosteer system, and it’s still not working (same as it was before). I checked Arduino nano pins ( D5 - PWM, D6 - DIR) with oscyloscope and there is no any signal. When I move WAS, program recognizes it. Autosteer and work switches are directly connected to GND, steer enable was set to None in AOG. Here’s some autosteer settings

did you apply the configuration AOG to nano by send ans save ?

after go to steer setting to play

to do a simulation try to calibrate artificially and normmaly with steer switch to the ground the electric motor need to work according Was potentiometer position

check the topic of Brian here

or this video ( sorry in french ) about config of autosteer

Ok, I’ll check this topic and video.

WAS and I2C communication works, and I guess I got it. But communication of Nano with motor driver is suspicious as motor simply doesn’t work. WAS data changes as I set potentiometer in different position. Also, in video you sent, I could set steer properties if motor works, but it doesn’t. Nano is receiving data but suspect that doesn’t send (Tx blinking rapidly, same when it’s not connected).

if WAS data change in AGO it seems NANO working

to be sure did you send data fron AOG to nano by the screen :wink: image

try to change all data in steer configuration to be sure nano receeive some info

in drive mode   check  PWM  value   on screen 

PWM is 120 and on some moments it is 0 and again 120.

and when you play with potentiometer ? ( be sure you are in drive mode tractor icon need to be green )

Then PWM goes to 35 or 39 or 57 in some moments, but usually stays 120.

in drive mode ?

the motor never turn?

put a LED/resitor to one output of nano to see if it is blinkink

Yes, drive mode is on, and also autosteer is on.
Motor doesn’t turn.
I set LED to motor driver so it should blink when AOG sends instructions to motor, but it doesn’t blink, I could send photo where LED is.

IMG_20210806_130206

sorry blinking in PWM is complex for human to sse

but if it is lighting it seems you get the signal

LED on motor driver is not lighting. Only Arduino Tx and Rx leds. Tx rapidly same as when not connected. But Rx slowly when Arduino connects.

Could you show your electric setting:

i think nano is working now

Hi
If you your PWM value is more than 0 in the Autosteer Config Page the communication with arduino is Ok.
The PWM value is calculated in the arduino and sent back to AOG.

Be sure your ITB is connected right, the problem must be after the arduino.