Dual GPS PCB v1.3

The simplertk2Blite can be used with dual antenna configuration ?

So it is possible to reduce the size of the pcb.

Two xbee sockets vs two arduino sockets

Configuration_simpleRTK2B_lite

The other two terminals are for the WiFi reset button. Matthias wanted them.

Hopefully you figure out why they do not power on.

If you get no data from f9ps maybe try to swap tx Rx in code :face_with_monocle: maybe I did it wrong again.

We could make it smaller with the simplertk2b lite boards. But everyone started with the bigger ones :wink:

I do not understand why top pin are UART2 and bottom pin are UART1.

Hello Benjamin, I have opened such a topic before, but not everyone said that it does not work, because the UBX message is not compatible with aog, but I do not understand that double antenna can be made with 2 simplertk2b, I do not understand why it cannot be done with simplertk2b + blite, I have this set and I cannot use it. : (Isnā€™t there any way to use this set with my base station, thank you in advance for your answer. My goal is to use dual antennas to determine my direction and slope without using my imu.connf

the boards are here!!

Screenshot (115) Screenshot (116)

1 Like

Glad we didnā€™t pay for overnight then.
IMG_0040 View recent photos
Iā€™ll tell on myself a little. The top picture is working good. The bottom picture is when I was having trouble with no power to the board and nothing coming from f9pā€™s. If you notice, I didnā€™t have any headers but some 10 position left over. So I pulled one pin out and used two of them. When I put esp32 on, I put it in the last holes instead of the first. So no 5v, since it is the bottom left pin, and of course none of the other pins lined up. Amazing how one little hop fixed all those problems. Wouldnā€™t have figured it out for some time if I hadnā€™t posted that picture of the assembly. Thatā€™s when I saw it.

You pin connections are correct. Thanks for you work here. If your open to it, we may want to shuffle things around a bit to clear the USB of the esp32. But too early now. We need time see what will be best.

Super! Glad you found the mistake.
So pin assignment etc, all is correct for Matthias and Franz code?

Feel free to contact me about some changes.

What about ethernet? Is that problem resolved yet

Yes, it works, plug and play. I use Matthiasā€™ code, but Iā€™m pretty sure Frazā€™ code is the same pins. I have my rtk radio connected to xbee TX. Itā€™s the white wire in the xbee header on pvt. This is the way Iā€™ve always ran it, and I have no rtk. Just came back in from checking, and re-checking, and cant get it going. The connections should be exactly like the stack, from what I can tell, but no rtk. Got any ideas ?

No ethernet yet. I have been running all the other little problems down.
The 12v to 19v converter gets warm and starts dropping voltage until it stops changing the tablet. I can blow on it while watching the volt meter, and it goes back up immediately. Thinking about cutting a circle out of a pop can, and super gluing it to the top of the output capacitor. May just switch back to the molded one that I was running.
The GPS board on top is much better for trouble shooting.
Ethernet on autosteer works great. Iā€™m going to try to figure out why Matthiasā€™ code just looks for wifi, and never creates an access point. It seems to run pretty good from wifi udp, so for the moment I want to concentrate on getting rtk working.
Lots of bugs, but itā€™s coming along.

1 Like

I am using MTZ code with ethernet no problems, Early on I had to remove a line of code to get the RTK working, but fairly sure Matt removed that from the github code so shouldnt be the issue. Seems rock solid on ethernet, will run at 8hz all day, where wifi used to randomly drop to 6/7hz at times for no reasonā€¦

1 Like

In the web interface, do you have wifi udp x 2 selected? Are there any other settings Iā€™m missing ?

1 Like

No dont use the UDP 2x,

I donā€™t personally use the web interface, and have modified the code to remove all the wifi / hotspot bits, as donā€™t want / need any of it, just want it to boot instantly and send data immediately, works great now! Far better than my previous setup that used wifi, and would constantly take 30+ seconds on start to work while the AP started up and then ESP connected to it etcā€¦

1 Like

IMG_0045
The code is set to 8 default. Do you change it to 7 ?
Anything else that will keep it from working ?

1 Like

Thanks for the help Matthias, Darren, and Andy.
As per Andy, I loaded Matthiasā€™ latest beta. Web interface came up. Changed setting for ethernet as recommended. Will test and post.

Have you made any more progress. Just wondering if ill need to use USB or if you found a way to get the ethernet to work.

Will test later today, and let you know

1 Like

IMG_0050 IMG_0051 IMG_0053
Benjamin, weā€™re all good, I think.
I removed the pin on tx2 from the pvt board, and, hello rtk !
Loaded Matthiasā€™ new beta, and we have udp from GPS and autosteer over a single ethernet cable.
Just about as soon as AOG opens we have GPS and fix. Super fast.
I posted on

Will run with it for a while, and then I would like to shuffle things a little, if your willing. Thanks again