External Light Bar

How did you resolve the error? Did you install the NeoPixel library into the Arduino IDE? I suspect the problem is you set NUMIXELS to 0, which causes pixels to not be defined anymore. If you are not using any neopixels, just comment out all references to pixels.

I haven’t resolved anything yet.
I have a strip of WS2812B that i was hoping to use,
i will see if i can find what you mean in the code,
I didnt know i needed to add something to the IDE?
thanks

Yes. Go to Sketch->Include Library->Manage Libraries. Search for “Adafruit NeoPixel” and install it. Then you should be able to compile with NUMPIXELS defined to a number.

thanks,
I done that but now its giving me a new error?
sorry, i just don’t have much experience with this stuff.

djdtyytd

You’ll have to copy and paste more of the error. It scrolled out of view. You can drag the error area up to see more at a time.

djdtyytd

I think you installed the wrong library. You picked “Adafruit NeoPixel DMA” which is for a specific microcontroller. Uninstall that and install just the plain “Adafruit NeoPixel” library. And of course have it install dependencies when asked.

EDIT: I’m not sure how to uninstall from the IDE. You may have to use explorer to view the folder where your arduino sketches are stored, go into the libraries folder and delete the NeoPixel DMA folder.

1 Like

so i ended up just deleting the file and re downloading it,
after that i added the libraries like you said and now it works!!
thank you so much!

1 Like

Glad you got it!

Hi,
i tried uploading the sketch to the nano and it wouldnt let me upload it,
i downloaded the link in your github.
Do you have any idea’s?
Thank youFault_M5StickC

1 Like

I think you have to choose the right board. You have choosen some kind of ESP32. Is this correct?

I checked it at the M5 website and they are showing to me that i must use the esp32 pico because its the board which is placed in the M5StickC

Got it! I Forgot to install the sketch “FastLED” now its working.
Thanks

1 Like

Sorry again a dumb question. How can i connect the M5StickC to AGopenGPS? Do you use WIFI or Bluetooth? And where do you connect it which port or udp? what are you using?

After pairing with bluetooth’M5stickC’, check the Bluetooth device (COMx) in the ‘device manager’.

AOG freezes when You make a mistake in the COM port to connect at the beginning.
If AOG does not start, delete the following folders
C: \ Users \ AppData \ Local \ AgOpenGPS \

1 Like

I Knew haha aog freezed 2 times. Thanks i must use COM6-Output. Thanks for the Reply and for the programm!

I finally have the light bar installed,
After this video I adjusted the sensitivity from 4cm per pixel to 8cm.
But seems to work great!
Thanks for the code!

5 Likes

Installed my 3D Printed Lightbar with GoPro quik change system today to change it between the Tractors with just unplugging it form the GoPro mount and switch it to the next tractor.
Working great! Can’t wait to test it while Spreading!

Thank you for the code and the Help!!

6 Likes

Did you use Hydraulics to control steer?

1 Like

Theses are light bar projects. You steer the wheel manualy using the light bar as indications.