GPS refresh speed

“ What were you using before your F9P that was so inaccurate?”

A £7 Ublox GPS USB device :slight_smile:

What internal IP is port 2101 forwarding to? Is it NATd correctly (is the firewall pointing at the correct LAN IP address? This is set to static, right?)

The casters ip. No firewall on caster.

NATd??

NAT is Network Address Translation, it deals with how a single public IP address can route traffic to multiple internal IPs.

On your router, have you set a firewall rule to permit port 2101 to the internal IP address (typically 192.168.1.x) of your caster?

Have you set a static IP address for the caster? Is the Allow rule on your firewall pointing to this?

I’ve posted on my topic linked above what I’ve already done. I think I’ve done that already.

1 Like

Let’s check and take it up in that thread.

@MortenP which .ino file do you mean?

I’ve just done the firmware update of my Ardusimple rtk2b and loaded the Ortner config file according to Andreas’ instruction.
Now I get RKT fix at 8 hz but the gps refresh rate remains at 5 hz. I never got 8 hz there so far.

Here’s a screenshot. It’s just the 5 Hz that puzzle me because I read here it’s supposed to be 8 Hz. After the firmware update and with Andreas’ config loaded ( c_f9p_fw1.12_ortner_vtg gga_8hz.txt, GPS refresh rate is still 5 Hz.

Is that alright or do I have to change something in a certain .ino file?

You can set NMEA Hz in “data sources”

2 Likes

Great! Thank you for answering my beginner question. Should have gone for the low hanging fruits first…