Grade control

This is what my gps looks like, I have GGA and VTg at 5hz, this is on 2.13

Hmm you show RTK fix but usually their are a bunch of numbers running through the window not those little symbols. not sure what to say does your height change on screen when you move your blade

Yeah, I seem to have elevation, Rtk fix, it shows me moving just those weird characters instead of stuff like the gga string. All I have on from gps is GGA and VTg. Itā€™s an f9p just like I use for AOG

I have experienced characters like that when I first started with AOG. I canā€™t remember if the baud rate was wrong, or what I did to correct. I had wrong information somewhere. I suppose you have restarted everything and tried again.

Some guys on here would probably know. I wonder if you ned to ouput the Vtg

Try changing baud rate and bitsā€¦ when hieroglyphics show up its not talking the same language

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m looking for the Surveyautosave file.txt of those who did a survey with OpenGrade 3D and then had it done

the calculation of the leveling by third parties to compare the fail *.agd made by the EFT program. Basically I would like to

compare the file generated by EFT to see if it is valid. Only the File SurvayAutosave.txt. The comparison will be made by those who

kindly provide me with the file. Thank you

2 Likes

Here are some files made in simulator mode, I will upload files from an actual field later.
SurveyAutoSave.txt (12,6 Ko)
Survey_2021_Aug_29 19_00_38.ags.txt (8,8 Ko)

For open in design software you must use the ags file but you can modify the extension to .txt.
The easting/northing in surveyautosave.txt have only meaning/value in opengrade in this specific field.

here is an .agd made by Optisurface that works on OG3D:
ch65_1.agd.txt (125,9 Ko)
EDIT: Seam that 125ko is to big?
ch65.zip.txt (62,5 Ko)

Maybe you have to modify a little the save/open code to make it work.
Or upload a file here.
Right now OG3D read only a few zone(subzone) coordinate, you have to give specific names, look at the Github readme.

1 Like

Thank you I really appreciated your answer, I have a lot to understand and study

if we can use EFT, I will do more tests in the coming days, thank you very much.reportOut1400196597121603767.pdf.txt (1.1 MB)
alleluia.agd.txt (109.8 KB)

1 Like

You will have to edit the .agd file and add a first line with this:
Latitude (deg), Longitude (deg), Elevation Existing(m), Elevation Proposed(m), CutFill(m), Code, Comments

I tested your .agd and it seam to work, if you donā€™t add the first line it will skip the beanchmark.
I donā€™t remember exactly now OG3D read the file, it just skip the first line, another thing to improve.

2 Likes

I just downloaded Visual Studio and am trying to learn the OpenGrade3D, but that is going to take time for meā€¦ I do understand the arduino code, am I understanding it correct that OG sends a value from 0-255? I am wanting to change the code around a little bit to set it up to input directly into the tractorā€¦ What Im understanding is >100 is down and <100 is up, is this correct?

It gives the distance from target in millimetre, 100 on target.
Greater than 100 mean the blade is above target so must lower.

You cannot use the value directly as pwm, there is a lag between GPS reading and the value sent to the valve.
The calculations in the last .ino works pretty well, you should use it as a base.

Should be easy to convert to ā€œdanfossā€ valve.
Divide pwmValue by 2 and add 128?

Thank you for explaining that it sends a value in mmā€¦ you will have to explain the delay a little moreā€¦ while I know there is always delay, are you talking about the delay between obtaining location and action of valve? Or are you talking about the delay between telling valve down and the physical act?

I know deere uses a ā€œlook aheadā€ basically it takes mechanical delay of a planter or sprayer out.

One or both need to be written into opengrade, because the arduino only knows what to do, not whatā€™s coming up.

Do you have a tractor with CAN valves? If so, you can use my ino directly from here:

You can just put it in between the wiring harness to your hydraulic valves, it acts as a CAN bridge so it sends all the traffic through except for the valve which you use for blade control, just adjust the CAN IDs as needed.

It uses the valve float mode to put the blade into automatic control from OpenGrade3D, you can manually run the blade with the tractor lever and just flip it back to float for auto mode.

2 Likes

I originally was going to look into can, but there is a simpler wayā€¦ all deere, cnh, and cat tractors made in the last 15 years come with a scraper interfaceā€¦ basically you plug and play. DAC 8000 Wired - Manuals

Not sure of the wiring for cnh or cat but here is the configuration of deere

It is a 5v analog input that doesnā€™t like extremes. So 0-2.5v controls one direction and 2.5-5 controls anotherā€¦
CNH and JD have a dead band from ~2.25 ā€“ 2.75 volts, this varies some from tractor to tractor.

CNH and JD will through error codes if the voltage sent < .5 or > 4.5.

3 Likes

Should work like the Danfoss PVEA for autosteer then, take a look at the v5 ino and copy paste from there the relevant parts.

Still, if you have CAN valves itā€™s dead easy, just find a connector in the hydraulic bus where you can plug in between the controls and the valves and use Teensy triple can board, zero soldering and less than 100 bucks.

2 Likes

How does this interface to tell it to lift or lower? I just reread your post, so it looks like if we add certain voltage to that selected pin it will go up or down? As long as that voltage is applied it will lift or lower and then when we take the voltage away it stops?

1 Like

Closeā€¦ it has to be fed a voltage from 0-5 all the time itā€™s connected or it will throw an error code.

Basically .5 - 2.25 controls a direction, and 2.75- 4.5 controls another

Staying away from 0 and 5 keeps the machine happy and the dead band 2.25-2.75 is for zero movement

One of these days I plan on learning can-bus but for now I just want to get the blade moving and I already have the arduino set up for the tractorā€¦ I was planning on using ezigrade to dump out values to the arduino and I might stillā€¦ just exploring both options

1 Like

So no blade movement send it 2.5 volts, then something like 1.5 and 3.5 to move it up and down, the bigger the swing do the hydraulics move faster?

1 Like