Grade control

@Pat i started there, but i dont find wiring process / tutorial

@BlackAce thank you for your answer, i will investigate much more on your github, but i think i dont have enought skills to understand all your work !

1 Like

There are no other tutorials yet!
Yeah, I should make a new wiring diagram.
It is compatible with a AOG pcb, just check in the .ino which pin go were.

If you don’t use an hydraulic valve you just input the GPS, no other wiring.

1 Like

@pat Thank you. First I will test with ODX. There are still many things I don’t understand, but it’s fun.

1 Like

how do i control a proportional valve with this type of joystick? what kind of input does a proportional valve need?

Very good idea. This thread is getting too big to find specific information but very good for sharing ideas etc. OG3D works pretty OK now as it is and serves a purpose, I could pitch in with some instructions etc. as well.

3 Likes

@ChrisC I have what might be a redundant question. Just want to double check on connecting DAC controller to Deere tractors. Im enclosing a schematic of the way i understand it. Basically what i think your shcematic is showing is. 5v source tied to both 5v jumpers and out to the 5v on DAC. Gnd tied to both ground jumpers and out to Gnd on DAC. DAC output directly to command voltage for SCV #1 or pin C on tractor. Thanks

Everything labeled 5v (source and jumper) gets connected together… Same goes for ground.

Currently I am just doing it at the connector with a wire nut… I thought about using the arduino to pull high and low, or building it into the board, but it was a quick solution to make sure everything worked.

1 Like

Well I think it is finally nearly done. It is all completely wireless and have added a few more features like ditch shoring, as well as an auto cut feature that should cut down to target depth slowly on each pass. Also added 2nd SCV control. Still not sure what to use if for, but it is ready to go when I finally figure it out.

5 Likes

2 SCV controls is for this Rig. :slightly_smiling_face:

-and blade tilt

-tile plows with dual linkage

Im getting kindave excited about OPEN GRADE X

2 Likes

I think with the wireless UDP network now you should be able to add another Antenna Module to the rear scraper and have them both controlled independently. If there is a need for it maybe I will add a dual scraper config in the future. All the new antenna module PCB’s need wired to them is 12V Power so you can mount it right on your scraper mast and that way will get accurate IMU Correction Data as well.

2 Likes

so it would be more of a JD style receiver right? Do you think that will be durable on something like a dozer blade. If you feel like youve got a working system id like to download and try to put a reciever togethor.

I’m not faminliar with the Deere units. The antenna module is just an ardusimple board, IMU and ESP32. Just relays info from RTK2B and IMU wirelessly to the cab. The valves and PID are controlled by the GradeControl Module Which acts just like the DAC8000 unit and just sources power from your scraper plug on tractor

1 Like

I just meant that gnss antenna, reciever, and radio are all in one module. Like the green and yellow ones on front of deere tractors.

Couple more screen shots of the Auto Shore feature. Just select a Shore min slope and it will shore your ditch to that Value. The green line is where the shore would roughly come to based on the surveyed elevation. Be cool to get this all tested in real world applications.

2 Likes

this looks great, i would be interested in trying Open grade X on a pulled scraper. i’ve tried out the sim and was trying to get my head around what would be needed but i’m still a little lost.
which pcb should/could i use, got a little confused while reading the thread. if the pcb you dessigned would be something we could purchase i know i would like to buy one and support you.
second thing is the imu listed is the bno 055 but i have a bno 085 since the 055 isn’t used in aog anymore, soo can i use a 085 or does it have to be a 055

everyone on this thread has done such a good job and felt like i need to congratulate all on the progress that has been made. good job
-Bjarke

1 Like

I will be realeasing OGX. V1.2.1 soon. I will lstart a whole new thread for it to avoid confusion between the different projects. V1.2.1 is fully wireless and I have two board designed for it.

• An antenna module, which sits on scraper mast and relays GPS, and IMU data.

• A grade control module, which plugs into your CNH/DEERE tractor or an external Danfoss valve to control valve position and run PID program.

When I release all parts and everything will be found in the file similarly to what has been done with AOG. Once boards have been tested I will release those as well

For those who care not to mess with the confusers and soldering, but would still like to use the system I may offer ready built kits that would be plug and play.

As for the BNO85 it may need to add a different library to work with that chip instead of 055.

1 Like

Have started the new thread and released the Code Base for OpenGradeX.
Enjoy.

If you have another antenna module on the rear scraper and that scraper is controlled independently that would be like having an antenna on each and of a 12’ blade both ends controlled independently, right?

1 Like

Yeah that would be another option for it as well.