How to export rtk NMEA0183 from teensy to rs232

My f9p sends GP, that’s how it was set in the configuration for pcb aio.

Thank you all. Now it works. Wish had asked earlier spent couple of hours :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi. I am wondering if I can make this work with micro aio board. Last year I fed nmea to my air seeder monitor with bynav but was hoping I can make it work with new board. Any help would be appreciated. I tried connecting to tx2 pin on micro f9p and power and ground from another spot on board. changed settings in ucenter so uart2 would ouput nmea gga at 38400. cant get it to work

Are you running single GPS with a ttl-rs232 adapter between the micro uart2 and the air seeder monitor?

AoG can output GGA & VTG on the UDP network so I’m planning to try a Ethernet-RS232 adapter into my 20/20 planter monitor.

2 Likes

That would be great to do it that way (especially if it could be roll corrected NMEA)! The 20/20 monitor wants RMC as well. What will you do about that?

Yes I’m trying these and using single GPS.
CANADUINO® 3 x RS232 to TTL UART Interface MAX232, adds Real RS232 Port to Any microcontroller https://a.co/d/7KjxcCt
I’ll maybe have to try it like you suggested. So what kind of adapter will you use? Would something like this work?
DTECH 6 Feet DB9 to RJ45 Console Cable 9 Pin Female Serial RS232 Port to RJ45 Male Ethernet LAN Rollover Console Cable https://a.co/d/2EfTaOU

thanks. once I read this post again I got it figured out. had to change to gpgga instead of gngga

You need to connect rx, tx and gnd.

i want to do the same thing on an AIO micro board, which pins do i connect for that on the f9p. ?

Hey @Arek84 are you using dual gps or single gps?

I am using single and connected to tx1 on f9p and did the setup for uart 1 in ucenter so my setup was like this
Uart 1 output nmea
Baud rate 38400
Nmea messages 10 hz for gga, vtg, and rmc
My monitor gets the messages and everything as expected but my ag open tablet loses gps and dont have rtk on the monitor.

What i noticed was when i submitted 38400 on uart 1 then teensy light quit blinking .

What could i try. ? I guess i could do same as yours on uart2 and do setup at 57600 baud rate…

Hello @customfordfan im going to 2020 seedsense as well.
Do you mind sharing which pinout you used on the f9p and what numbers you used in setup?

I assume you’re using an All in one board, since you talk about a teensy. Somebody more knowledgeable can correct me, but I believe you need to leave UART 1 alone, as the teensy communicates with the F9P over UART1 at a baud rate of 460,800. If you have a AIO micro board with single, you can export your nmea from UART2 on one of the two pins highlighted in white.

This post, might give you some ideas.

1 Like

Precision planting says to use 5 Hz. for the 20/20, but I used 10 Hz at 38400 baud all spring with no issues.

You must use uart2, uart1 is reserved for teensy.

I got it working .
Thanks for the help

Hou you guys put the signal out? Do you use ttl to233 module in cable? Or like me glue it to exbee headers and use lert over pins like 14 or 13 to send it to the 23 ampseal?

For mine i mounted the converter right in the face plate of the plastic box wher 2 nd antenna would mount and tgen i can install serial cable on outside anytime for connection.

Processing: 20230805_081531.jpg…

1 Like

Looks great. Do you have .stl for the cover with rs233 opening?

Im trying to learn all this stuff and its kinda working but as for the cover .stl i do not.

Actually i just used the original cover and a fine tip paint marker and a little die grinder and drill bit and 10 min later there was a hole there!