How to export rtk NMEA0183 from teensy to rs232

Thnx for the info.

This is how i do now. But will make new pcb layout with ttl to 232. I have 2 next to eachother now 1 for nmea and 1 for xte output

Something like this

hello, would it be possible to have more photos of the fixing of the RS232 module? Notably do it. did you just drill and put back the original screws? does this leave enough room for the DB9 socket?

Hello. Yes i msde a hole for the plug first and die grinder around till the plug fit through. It had to be a bit over sized so that when you go to attach your plug on the outside that the thin metal layer has room to slide in between the bix cover plate and the newly installed serial socket. Then i drilled the two holes for the screws last and yes i used the original screws they are long enough to go through the plate and still have full hold in the thread in the back piece.

Hey guys . Im stumped with how to get nmea output working with dual gps. If i set it up the same way as single then left receiver never gets rtk . Im pulling the signal on uart 2 on right receiver

On dual, the right sends data to the left on uart2. Uart1 on both talk to the Teensy so you could probably send nnea out of the left uart2 but it has to be at the same baud as the right is sending the left.

Also the problem with dual GPS is your nmea will only be coming from one of the receivers, so it will be offset if your antennas are equally spread out left and right from the center line.

Did you make it work?

Havent had time to try it yet

ok.
If you have time for it, it would be nice to know whether it worked and how you implemented it.

How do you set the frequencies? (5htz / 10htz) in U-Center?
Are you able to clarify please.

Thanks for the above information, its been great!

Take a look at my screenshots from March 17. The number under “message” is the frequency divider GPS f9p.

1 Like

I have bin working on eksport to a Raven CR7, it cant read the GN messages it has to be GP messages

I think you can specify the “talker” identifier in the f9p’s nmea settings.

1 Like

Yes I got it working, just so other know if working with Raven, this can be a problem :upside_down_face:

Hey Arek84,

im wondering about the wiring. Did you end up connecting TX from the antenna board to TX on the TTL to RS232 converter or did you connect TX from the antenna to RX on the converter?

JB

RX to TX, TX to RX but sometimes the RX and TX designations are reversed on the converter. You have to try it experimentally :slight_smile:

1 Like