Hydraulic valve assemblies for Every tractor, for every type of hydraulic system

It should be blocked both ways!
Make sure you have 12 V to both cut off valves.

Try 12 V direct from battery to each of them, and off course gnd to other side of each of them.
And then press center of steering valve (one side) with screwdriver.

have the same excact problem with my Massey Ferguson 7475…

maybe the question is the type of Ls you have. Dynamic or static?

Found this: The steering system is of the dynamic type (constant
0.5l /min flow rate - 6 bar standby pressure). Its control
principle is of the Load Sensing (LS) type.
The Orbitrol steering unit (21) type is displayed on an
adhesive plate located below the steering unit (Fig. 1).
The steering unit has no mechanical links, other than
the steering column itself, between the steering wheel
and steering ram.
The system comprises the following main components:
- a pressurised oil feed from the variable displacement
pump;
- a steering unit that can be, according to the type of
front axle:
- OSPF 125 LS dynamic,
- OSPF 160 LS dynamic;
- a double acting steering ram (1) with a different
profile according to the type of tractor or front axle
(Fig. 2).
The steering unit is supplied via the priority block(s)
(depending on version) by the high flow rate high pressure
circuit. When the steering wheel is turned, the
necessary flow of oil is directed to the corresponding
side of the steering ram. The other side of the ram is
connected to the gearbox selector cover return ports.

Where did you got P and T from? orbitrol or pump?

Both are T’d in near the pump cover.

steering wheel is blocked one way. It should be blocked both ways!

This depends on the steering direction, steering to left steering wheel is blocked to left, steering right steering wheel is blocked to right. Both lock valves receive 13.3 Volt, direct from battery via a SSR relay.
DC+ connected to pin 1, GND connected to pin 2 on the DIN connectors.

Good evening,
I too have the same problem on a 2008 Arion 620. I have just mounted the LS valve following the hydraulic diagram on page 267. The steering wheel works very well but as soon as I turn on the valve, the steering locks up and when I press the buttons on the cytron, the steering is blocked and the hydraulics force.

I will help you solve these problems.

I use the same valves for NH and JD, they have dynamic Ls, you can use them interchangeably.

1 Like

Blockquote Triple checked all the connections, both hydraulic and electric wiring. With steering active the engine wil get some load and the steering wheel is blocked one way. However no cylinder movement.

The things you describe match the situation where the hoses on the O and S ports were swapped. Check again that the two piston hoses are connected to the S ports and the 2 hoses of the orbitrol L and R are connected to the O ports.

I will briefly describe how to diagnose the operation of the Ls valve.

1. Tighten the overflow valve so that the bolt protrudes 1.6mm above the locknut.

2. Turn off the turn sensor

3. turn on the steering in test mode if the tractor icon, steering wheel and compass in the lower right corner are green and the PWM value is around 100.

4. start the engine and try to turn the steering wheel (it should be locked both to the left and to the right)

5. Try to steer by pressing the arrows (the wheels should turn)

6. If the wheels cannot be steered with the arrows, check if they will steer if you try to turn the locked steering wheel and use the arrow keys at the same time, if this test is positive, the problem is related to Ls

7. If the wheels still have not moved, check if the coils of the proportional valve are getting power from the citron, if you unscrew the nut securing the coil and try to remove it from the valve, you will feel the electromagnetic force pulls it onto the core, i.e. the coil is working properly.

8. If the coils are OK, check that the hydraulic hose connections are correct.

2 Likes

can you make us an electrical and hydraulic diagram to be sure that the connections are made correctly?

I just have ClAAS arion in my workshop, tomorrow I will make a short video and explain how I connected it.

1 Like

the solenoid valves are working well, the hoses have been connected according to the plan, the pressure sensor is not yet connected, and the program not yet installed, I would just like to test the hydraulic and electrical installation that I have just finished installing. Does the pressure sensor have an important role in blocking my steering? Could the valve be too tight? or the LS?

The pressure sensor is only used to disconnect steering, it can be omitted for testing. You can test the operation of the valves by connecting shutoff valves and one proportional valve coil directly to 12V

this is what i did, direct 12v to the solenoid valves and the cytron to the steering valves. I use the buttons on the cytron for the direction to turn the wheels but it’s stuck

Did you by any chance mix up what is steering and what is cut off valves?

Cut off are the two seperate ones.
Steering are the valve block with a solenoid at both sides.

Okay, I’ll draw a schematic and test it on the table.

Hi David
Do you have a photo of your valve block/hoses now it has all been installed. It is still early days but I am thinking of installing a valve on the red version of your tractor, a Maxxum 125 so any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Merv

Hey Marek, thanks a lot! Your analysis was correct! I swapped the O and S hoses and all is wel now.
(the hoses were professionally installed and well concealed, so I never noticed the swap)

Steering is OK now, turn sensor working fine.

Now I have to get used to the absence of a big round steering indicator…

1 Like

Had my block installed by the dealership to, ik hope it’s the same problem

Hi Marek, my valve works, I tightened the overflow valve as you said to 1.6mm. the wheels turn perfectly. However, the steering wheel is stuck. Is this normal? do you have to loosen the valve?
Thank you so much

Do you have a pressure-switch connected to the remote pins?