Is the UM982 an F9P killer for AOG?

Hmmm, I wonder if Ardusimple has been reading this thread? They have recently released a whole line of UM98x based boards. :grin:

They have a nice configuration page. Look at the bottom of the page for a nice bonus.

1 Like

Possibility… Yes, but prices are far from competitive.

Definitely. I’ll keep using the UM982 boards from Ali for $105.

That firmware (the lastest mentioned in the command reference manual) was given to me by Witmotion 1 month ago, when I bought the board, but the problem is that if you check the binary, the date of compilation is december of 2023 for that 11826 build. It should be available a more recent one, that’s why I asked here if somebody succeded in contacting Unicore.

Not sure what their release cadence is like. uBlox goes for a year or more sometimes between publicly released updates.

The funny part is how they don’t put in their servers the latest version of the Uprecise software. Maybe because this was updated 1 week ago?

The latest version for um980 is 11833, for f9p it is 1.50, for um982, if I’m not mistaken, 11826.

Which TTL module should be used for UM982 ?
I have the PL2303 module, but it doesn’t work.

The ones I use are based on the CH340B chip.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DYS8HKS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How are people connecting um982 to agopengps without a V4.x steer board?

I’m interested in trying dual antenna for roll and heading, but still using v2 steer boards.

You will need a 20 pin (2 rows of 10) 2mm pitch female header to break out the signals from the board.
Get a TTL-USB dongle to configure the UM982 board. Amazon.com
Hookup the UM982 board to a computer and use a serial terminal to configure it to send KSXT messages.
Next
Grab 5 volts and ground from the AiOv2.5 board to power the UM982 board.
Hookup TX and RX from the UM982 to the TX/RX pins where the F9P was on the AiO v2.5 board.
Load the Teensy with the UDP passthrough firmware in the first post of this thread.

Or

buy a AiO v4.5 board and load the Teensy with the firmware mentioned above.

1 Like

What configuration should I use on the UM982 to use Arduino Nano?
I’m not able to configure it correctly.
Don’t add teensy yet.

5v gnd rx tx tx to rx

I would like the UM982 configuration. I didn’t ask the right question, sorry

AogConfigOMatic has support for the UM982. GitHub - lansalot/AOGConfigOMatic: A tool to configure the hardware components for AgOpenGPS

The config file is in the TeensyFlasher directory.

With um982 does it need to have both antennas to work properly or can I get away without using the one for roll?

Both antennas are required for roll. I am wondering if something got cooked when you unsoldered the antenna connectors and moved them to the other side of the PCB.

Is there a pcb to use the um982 module. Only for the module itself!!?

There are a number of evaluation boards on Aliexpress and other sites. The boards a 2mm pitch 2x14 pin header. AiO v4.5 AOG board has a slot for one of these evaluation boards.

It makes programming the module very easy. USB Micro connection