John Deere 6R WAS connector

Hello, below is the electrical diagram of the angle sensor on the 6R tractors. It’s the B139 at the bottom of the picture on the right. The signal has to be collected on the WAS Sensor CH1 Sgn IN. This is number 2 on the socket. To control the signal you need GND (number 3) and CH1 (number 2). You should have a range between 0.5v and 4.5v.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!!

I have to try that the next days…
Do you maybe even know, where the next connector shown in your picture (“X637”) is located on the tractor? I would guess its near the cabin and a bit more comfortable to use? For now I couldnt manage to follow the cable from the WAS to the cabin…

Impossible for me too to follow the cable to the cabin… So I took the signal directly from the angle sensor. For the moment I only take the signal on the CH1 SgnIN (purple wire, number 4). It is absolutely necessary to check that the signal is stable. If it is not the case, you have to supply the sensor with power from the PCB.

image image

so you say you only have to take the gnd and the signal. and just leave the vcc the same. without disturbing johndeer’s system itself

I looked at the diagram, it looks like the sensor is duplicated, double. For what purpose? For safety in the event of a failure 1 of 2? Maybe detaching 1 and using it to AS will not cause an error in the tractor.

@jdros I only took the purple wire of the signal I plugged on my PCB. I left the tractor power supply on the sensor. But on some tractors the power supply on the sensor is not stable, so remove the tractor power supply and supply it from the PCB (Vcc and gnd).

@baraki I tested the second CH2 signal (blue wire). I noticed that the voltage range was divided by two 0.25v to 2.25v. I don’t know what this is for the john deere GPS.

I believe, that this sensor works betwen 4-20mA. 2nd channel is for calibratio, I mean when you replace sensor you need to calibrate sensor (such as in Challenger Rogator). I may by wrong but it seems to be that solution.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMPFP15866_19/HC94949,00008C2_19_20151014.html

There is one more thing, 2nd channel may be used to to auto on/off front axle during turn.

They are in the diagram as potentiometers. Calibration is about saving the correct values in the ECU and not in the sensor. I have an autotrac manual in which the sensor (with 3 pins) is additionally mounted, it’s the same procedure
I did not have a stable sensor power supply from the ECU in any tractor. I also connected the power supply from the autoster and the signal in parallel to the ECU and the autoster. Works in NH, Case, Claas

Sounds odd if the voltage source from the tractor to the sensor is not stable. It really sounds like the sensor would be working in a 4 to 20 ma current loop mode as kurak mentioned. Then again, supplying power from AOG board to the sensor should not work at all for a current mode sensor.

There were other tractors where the sensor was drawn as a potentiometer in the circuit diagram even if it was a 4-20 mA current loop sensor. Be careful out there.

Disconnecting one of the two redundant sensors sounds dangerous. The tractor should not switch to the one that seems to work but it should abandon the WAS signal completely (assuming standard redundancy implementations). Not that catastrophic if the sensor was only used to control 4 WD on turns or differential locks but not so good either.

Interesting to follow what everyone finds out on the topic.

If your sensor has this JD number: al175214 you might find this usefull. Factory 6 pin John deere WAS
Some posts down 6145r is mentioned.
You can find a picture here:
https://tractorparts.bg/en/potentiometer-john-deere-5m-5r-5025-6m-6000-7000-series

You can go to jdParts website to find the plug reference and order it from your dealer.

I have a 6130r that I want to use the factory WAS, unfortunately the images have not migrated from the old discourse forum, I feel they might have shone some light on what I was needing.
I have traced the wires back to a plug near the axle that has 4 pins. Have people disconnected this and then fitted your own plug with 3 wires going back to the PCB, what pin out did you use for GND, VCC and sense? Was using this sensor successful?

On my 6930, and 6210r I used a landrover suspension sensor, so using the factory fitted one is new territory for me!

In mi case
BLACK=GND
ORANGE=5V
Green=SIGNAL

Thanks Juan, I am thinking about tracing that wire back a little to the axel at the other side of the tractor to sensor, there is a square plug on our 6130r (hopefully doing it this way I don’t have to take the mudguard and cover off).

Did you just disconnect the standard plug and plug in the one connected to PCB?
Or do you leave the plug in and splice the wires? So both tractor and Agopen PCB are connected?

you can follow the cable to the SSU, and connect directly there, as I did, the connector in the photo was under the cabin, my recommendation is that you connect directly, do not make a T. you can burn something, since you would have 2 power supplies energy, Stock and AOG.

Where is the SSU typically located? Under the side console?

under the cab in a combine

What about tractors?

i dont have john deere tractors but i can go look at a couple that are brand new just give me a few days

1 Like