KaupoiMOD PCB v4

Can’t get anything to work here…

I’m planning to use Dual GPS so I don’t need the IMU. Does this board function without IMU? When looking at the serial monitor it reports
CMPS not connected or found

BNO08X not connected or found

Then it looks like it switches baud rate, it switch to another baud and back to 38400 and the history repeats… neither WAS, CYTRON , Steerswitch or any other switch seem to work.

Am I not using the correct INO?

yes you can use without IMU

Your screenshot looks normal. Have you read the manual/support docs?

That is not switching baud. It starts to send binary data.
Probably the hello AgIO message. Because it does not receive anything.
What happens if you connect it to AgIO. And have AgOpenGPS also open. In SIM mode or with GPS.

The CMPS not there and BNO08x not there should not be a problem.

And you did disconnect nano from arduino ino (or shut down arduino ino) before trying to connect to agio?

What I notice is that when I connect the Nano it immediately reads a steering angle of -226,93 degrees. It does so even if I unplug the Nano from the board… Perhaps I’ve managed to burn the board and some components… I’ve ordered a new nano and a new ADS1115, Let’s hope that helps.

A picture of your wiring would be helpful.

Do you have WAS connected to ADS1115? (Was connected to PCB)?
If no WAS, reading will be -220 something (Zero volt input)

Larvest, you’re the best! Problem found! Apparently the Honeywell WAS comes in a european version and a US version and the difference is that they switch place between 5V and Ground… So now the WAS is working just fine! Also the Cytron is working fine.

The only thing I can’t figure out are steerswitch, imp and remote… If i choose “Switch” or “button” as “Steer enable” in AOG i cant get the cytron to function, even if I turn auto steering is turned on in AOG… I don’t even know where to start looking…

Thank you.
Except when you use the steer settings drive function, you need to drive faster than minimum set speed at around 1 kmh.
Steerswitch is to on off autosteer (I use a momentary switch)
ImP turn on the colouring of screen, as far as I remember (I still don’t have it connected)I press the implement on the screen, but it could be connected to your lovering button on the rear lift, or when you activate pto
Remote could earlier be used as input for pressure or ampere cut off (automatically cut off autosteer when you grab the steering wheel) but in V 5 that input is moved to the nano pin A0 (NOT the A0 on ads1115)
The button and other stuff is explained in the manual
In addition to the European US version Honeywell also have lv and hv versions lv is 5v hv is 10 to 30 v, what is the full number on your version?

1 Like

Finally, everything seems to work! I had som bad solders on the pcb, that’s what caused the buttons to not work. Thanks for helping!

Hi guys, I have the Kaupoi V4.1 PCB. I have been struggling with a problem for a while. I cant figure why my ADC (Adafruit ADS1115) is not working. When it is plugged in, the CMPS14 does not work. At first, I had a cheep ADC that did not work, and replaced it with the Adafruit. It worked for a couple of start-up’s but now nothing…It is getting worst, now when it is plugged in nothing works in AOG. If it is unplugged, everything else is OK.
Can someone help?

Could you take some photos of your pcb and post them here?

Hi Kaupoi, thank you for the quick reply. Thank you for sharing you PCB files. Here are the pictures, let me know if you need anything else!!

Something is wrong. I can’t see your photos.

Can you see the photos now?

Yes.

But I don’t see any mistakes in soldering. Maybe you should clean the circuit board because it seems to have some flux residue. However, I cannot say that it would help the problem.

Like Kaupoi say, some cleaning might help :slight_smile:
Maybe it is just the shadow. But check the red circled solder joint, look like component has moved just before solder hardened or “cold” solder joint

Thank you for your input, I will try that.

When I connect the SDA/SCL lines to the board, the LED identified as ‘‘L’’ on the arduino turn off, an the serial COM shuts off. Do you know what could cause this issue?