KaupoiMOD PCB v4

How do you power the pcb? Do you have a 12v power supply connected?

I power it with a 12 v battery

Could the ADS 1115 be faulty? I wired it directly to my arduino mega and it functioned for a few minutes. After that, I get no communication from it and the serial communication between the arduino and my computer stops when I power the module. I ordered 2 new ADS 1115, I will resume testing when I will get them.

CMPS14 and Bno085 are unavailable.

Can I use this:

Hi, this is the ā€œChineseā€ BNO080, it works fine for me. But you might want to verify that this vendor really has the part on stock.

1 Like

Thanks.

What GPS system can I use whichever I want? Is it independent of pcb autosteer?

Iā€™m thinking of using Skytraq + Radio Lora for RTK. Itā€™s cheaper than ardusimple, what do you think?

64 EUR ??

You can now preorder BNO085 for EUR 22,70 at mouser for 25.04.2022

4754 Adafruit | Mouser Austria

2 Likes

Well spotted! Ordered!

What were the bad solder joints that were causing the issue Linus?

Iā€™m also having problems with the steer button - in the diagnostics mode everything works fine and the button turns the steering on and off, it is just that the motor never works when the steer switch is set to either switch or button - only when it is set to ā€˜noneā€™ and I control the autosteer with the button on the screen. As far as I can see my solder joints are all fine, so it would be good to know which ones caused your issues.

After researching this subject for couple of days I did pull the trigger yesterday and ordered Kaupoimod v4 pcb and parts for it. We will see how this goes on.

It seemed like IMU: Adafruit BNO085 was out of stock everywhere, I wonder if PCB is funtional without it or is there alternative for it? There was also a proximity switch in parts list, can someone tell what is it for?

i guess the proximity switch is to turn off the autoguider when you move the steering wheel.
Iā€™ve seen it in several posts on the forum but now I canā€™t find it

On the t6 175 we put the proximity switch by the brake pedals, as panic button. This tractor also have pressure switch to turn off autosteer when steering wheel is used manually.

Sorry for the late reply.
I donā€™t think our problems are the same. In my case there was a soldering issue with the optocoupler for remote sensor. I solved it by removing one of the pins on the optocoupler chip.

1 Like

Iā€™m using mine without BNO085, but with Dual GPS instead.

Hello all. Iā€™m about to build my first kit :slight_smile: . PCB arrived, parts are coming from Digikey. CMPS14 and Arduino to be ordered. Maybe itā€™s possible to order this nano ( Arduino Nano 33 BLE with headers ā€” Arduino Official Store ) instead of standar Arduino nano? Will standart code work? :slight_smile: Possible to use onboard embedded 9 axis inertial sensor? Would be complicated to make it work?

I saw the Nano BLE mentioned in previous post but the links dont seem to work anymore MMA 8452 filtering - #54 by Larsvest

Welcome to the forum.
It is because the link is made before discourse moved to a new platform, over a year ago. I could probably renew the link, but info is outdated.

Mma is not used anymore.
Use bno085 or cmps 14
Today go the teensy way.
Kaupoi can be used together with a teensy panda board
Search for the word panda with the magnifying glass at top right.
One is this Aio 5.6 - #4 by m_elias

1 Like

I have ordered everything I need to make Kaupoimod PCB, but I havenā€™t soldered anything on the board yet. Should I change arduino to teensy? What are the advantages and does it work with normal Kaupoi board?

To use the kaupoimod steering PCB with the Teensy (PANDA gps sync) requires an adapter shield. The only one I currently know of is by @Pat. It plugs into the Nano socket and allows you to add a simplertk2b with teensy for doing the Panda sync and auto-steer. Otherwise you can still use the kaupoimod with nano as is for auto steering and add a separate standalone Teensy/simplertk2b PCB for panda.

1 Like